Date: July 09, 2022 10:50AM
[licenseindustry.com]
Adobe Photoshop CC 2022
Adobe Official Price:
$251,88
Our VIP Price:
$37.00
Lifetime license: No Expiry.
No Code. Activation takes place on your Adobe Account.
Multilingual
Compatible with any Operating System
1TB of Cloud Storage
App automatically upgradeable to future versions (CC 2023)

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Too good to be true?
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: July 09, 2022 11:29AM
True? No.

Legal? Well…

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 09, 2022 12:12PM
Rolando
h t t p s://licenseindustry.com/products/adobe-photoshop-cc-2022?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=Facebook_Desktop_Feed&utm_campaign=Test%20USA&utm_adset=USA%20-%20Stack%20interessi&utm_ad=meme%20drake&fbclid=IwAR1zOye-P255L35ZZnkqe6v2yKSINXqpx2OJ5NLOkxUydcTl4O6XBTTMpIA

Adobe Photoshop CC 2022
Adobe Official Price:
$251,88
Our VIP Price:
$37.00
Lifetime license: No Expiry.
No Code. Activation takes place on your Adobe Account.
Multilingual
Compatible with any Operating System
1TB of Cloud Storage
App automatically upgradeable to future versions (CC 2023)

Assuming this is a cut-and-paste of the actual text of the "offer", note:
- Dollar signs used, but there's a comma instead of a decimal point used in the first "official" price, but not in the second "VIP" price.
- "Expiry" is a common UK wording.
- Since the app is subscription based, I don't think a non-expiring "lifetime license" would excuse the buyer from Adobe's subscription fees.

On Adobe's own site...
For individuals: Photoshop US$20.99/mo

At TrustPilot (itself questionable), LicenseIndustry has all but one 5-star reviews, however none of the reviews is older than 5 days ago.

The sole one star review has a response from LicenseIndustry with poor English:
"Hi CDub David here, you made your purchase during the night, so since our service depends on our team members be working on delivery, you received the license this morning."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2022 12:18PM by DeusxMac.
Posted by: hal
Date: July 09, 2022 12:19PM
I surely do not understand the scam, but their contact page tells me everything I need to know - no address posted, no support phone number - nothing - just an online form
Posted by: Gareth
Date: July 09, 2022 12:22PM
Not saying it's legit, but nothing (in theory) wrong with it being UK based.

Education pricing is not listed and might be cheaper.
Institution-wide License
For broad access for students and faculty

Creative Cloud All Apps
For pricing call

So, in theory, they could be reselling super bulk licenses from education, or maybe some corporate version that isn't listed online. I did get Office for $10 way back when I was a student due to their licensing agreement.

But yea, the fact that there's no "lifetime" license direct from Adobe makes one wonder how they can offer a lifetime license since they would be on the hook for as long as you're using it.

So, they could abruptly cut you off in a few months, say after you can't dispute the charge with your CC.

Or, it might never work to begin with and is just a CC/info harvesting scam (perhaps get a virtual CC # to use).

But, at $97 for the full suite, it's almost tempting to try it just to see what happens (with a virtual CC #!).
Date: July 09, 2022 12:24PM
DeusxMac
At TrustPilot (itself questionable), LicenseIndustry has all but one 5-star reviews, however none of the reviews is older than 5 days ago.

Another questionable part of those reviews is that literally every reviewer has ONLY reviewed License Industry and nothing else.
Posted by: PeterW
Date: July 09, 2022 12:39PM
They’re not UK based but UAE. Good luck.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 09, 2022 12:41PM
Gareth
But yea, the fact that there's no "lifetime" license direct from Adobe makes one wonder how they can offer a lifetime license since they would be on the hook for as long as you're using it.

As long as you keep paying subscription fees to HBO, doesn't your "license" never expire?
Date: July 09, 2022 12:59PM
DeusxMac
Gareth

As long as you keep paying subscription fees to HBO, doesn't your "license" never expire?

Yes. All I'm saying is that if you pay $37 for a lifetime license, but their actual cost is, say, $5/year, then after 8 years, it would be costing them (License Industry) money, which doesn't make sense as a business model (although there are plenty of legitimate big corporations with questionable business models!). Although by continually selling more subscriptions, they could use part of the new subscription revenue to pay for the old subscriptions... Again, not a good business model.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2022 01:00PM by Gareth.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 09, 2022 03:57PM
The terse wording is a huge red flag, even without all the additional information..

So it would be a hard pass for me on that alone, and with all the additional information, a Hell No.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 09, 2022 04:05PM
AFAIK, Adobe doesn't offer perpetual licenses for any of its software any longer, definitely not for its CC software. It's right there in the name: Creative Cloud.

Any claim to the contrary is a hoax. QED.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: July 09, 2022 05:48PM
N-OS X-tasy!
AFAIK, Adobe doesn't offer perpetual licenses for any of its software any longer, definitely not for its CC software. It's right there in the name: Creative Cloud.

Yes they do.

Adobe offers Enterprise licenses for one version of the software. When the purchase is made close to the release date of the next update, the license often includes a free upgrade to the next version.

...So, the promise that you get the CC 2022 app AND can upgrade to CC 2023 is not extraordinary.

The FAQ indicates that this is a bulk-purchase VIP license. If the reseller purchases enough (thousands) of Photoshop licenses, that could get the price down considerably. The numbers work.

And the description of the way that purchasers receive a license corresponds to Adobe's Enterprise license scheme. With Team and Enterprise licenses, someone has to go into an admin panel and send an invite. It's not automated. The guy who didn't get his license until the next day had to wait for someone to come to work in the morning and sign into the admin panel to issue the invite.

The only question remaining is as to the legality of it. It's a gray area. The reseller is certainly violating a sales agreement with Adobe, but depending on the country, such agreements may not be enforceable.

Cheap Microsoft Office licensing works in a similar fashion. Every once in awhile, Microsoft will revoke a few thousand licenses that it determines were resold in violation of their Enterprise agreements. But for the most part, it's not enforced and there are millions of these licenses out there. Which means that while there's a chance that your $50 copy of MS Office will stop working someday, it's a remote chance.

Mind you, I'm not saying that this particular reseller is legit. I'm just saying that it's not obviously a total scam.

Posted by: richorlin
Date: July 09, 2022 06:04PM
How legit can they be? The website was registered through Domains By Proxy on 6/22/2022

richorlin
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 09, 2022 08:52PM
Tiangou
N-OS X-tasy!

Yes they do.

Adobe offers Enterprise licenses for one version of the software. When the purchase is made close to the release date of the next update, the license often includes a free upgrade to the next version.

...So, the promise that you get the CC 2022 app AND can upgrade to CC 2023 is not extraordinary.

OK, I'll modify my statement to specify single-seat licenses. Which should have been relatively self-evident - pretty sure OP has not interest in purchase an Enterprise license.

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2022 08:52PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: gadje
Date: July 09, 2022 09:59PM
richorlin
How legit can they be? The website was registered through Domains By Proxy on 6/22/2022

QED
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 94
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020