advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
GE(e) your hair smells terrific?!....GE announces names of new companies after split (3 ways).....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 18, 2022 10:50AM
....GE HealthCare, GE Aerospace and GE Vernova.....

GE reveals new company names as it approaches historic split

General Electric on Monday revealed the names of the three distinct companies that will result from the conglomerate’s historic split.

The resulting businesses will be named GE HealthCare, GE Aerospace and GE Vernova.

GE HealthCare will be listed on the Nasdaq.

.....General Electric on Monday revealed the names of the three distinct companies that will result from the conglomerate’s historic split: GE HealthCare, GE Aerospace and GE Vernova.

GE HealthCare will encompass the company’s health services branch and will be listed on the Nasdaq under the symbol “GEHC,” the company said in a release. That spin-off is expected to be completed early next year.

GE Aerospace will encompass the company’s aviation branch, which includes a fleet of 39,400 commercial and 26,200 military aircraft. The aerospace offshoot will also own the GE trademark, which it can license out to the other divisions.

The company’s renewable energy businesses will fall under the name GE Vernova — a title the company said is “a combination of ‘ver,’ derived from ‘verde’ and ‘verdant’ to signal the greens and blues of the Earth, and ‘nova,’ from the Latin ‘novus,’ or ‘new,’ reflecting a new and innovative era of lower carbon energy that GE Vernova will help deliver.”

GE maintains an installed base of 7,000 gas turbines and 400 gigawatts of renewable energy equipment. The spin-off of that business is expected to be completed in early 2024.

“Today marks a key milestone in GE’s plan to become three independent, laser-focused companies,” Chairman and CEO Larry Culp said in a statement. “Leveraging GE’s multi-billion-dollar global brand gives us a competitive advantage in our end markets, allowing these businesses to win in the future.”

Shares of GE were up about 2% in morning trading Monday amid broader market gains. The stock is down roughly 30% so far in 2022.

split............three ways..........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: GE(e) your hair smells terrific?!....GE announces names of new companies after split (3 ways).....
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 18, 2022 10:56AM
wow. I guess that's better than some blenderized name.
Why not Gealthcare, Gerospace and Gernova.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Re: GE(e) your hair smells terrific?!....GE announces names of new companies after split (3 ways).....
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 18, 2022 12:08PM
Geico is an older spinoff.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: JoeH
Date: July 18, 2022 12:45PM
Filliam H. Muffman

Actually, no. The "GE" part of the name stands for "Government Employees" and the company was never owned or connected to GE. GEICO is currently wholly owned by Berkshire Hathaway.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: July 18, 2022 03:33PM
JoeH
Filliam H. Muffman

Actually, no. The "GE" part of the name stands for "Government Employees" and the company was never owned or connected to GE. GEICO is currently wholly owned by Berkshire Hathaway.

I think it was a joke.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: July 18, 2022 03:51PM
GE did own an insurance company or two along the way.
Date: July 18, 2022 04:02PM
macphanatic
GE did own an insurance company or two along the way.

The now spun off GE Capital owned several, some were spun and sold off in the mid-2000s forming Genworth Financial. It was originally Life of Virginia, and another former GE Capital owned company was added afterwards - First Colony Life.
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: July 18, 2022 06:38PM
So - which spinoff gets the "consumer-grade appliances that break right after their warranty expires" Division?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 18, 2022 07:05PM
AllGold
JoeH
Filliam H. Muffman

I think it was a joke.

It was a former GE employee that told me about five years ago. He might have been pulling my leg at the time and I didn't realize it.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: July 18, 2022 08:24PM
SDGuy
So - which spinoff gets the "consumer-grade appliances that break right after their warranty expires" Division?

None, GE Appliances was sold to the Chinese company Haier in 2016.
Posted by: Don C
Date: July 18, 2022 09:12PM
I have a pair of Genworth Long Term Care policies which I bought in 2003. They are trying REAL HARD to get me to give them up with threats of huge premium increases. Indiana state insurance agency says, maybe, maybe not.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 119
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020