advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I am withdrawing any and all recommendations for StraightTalk as a cell carrier
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 21, 2022 05:10PM
Been using them for a while. Service has been fine.

Decided to move the fam to Visible.

Ported my number from Boom! just fine.

Tried to port my wife's from ST. Was not porting. Had two accounts active.

Called ST several times and had to go through a bunch of crap that I have forgotten about (it was a while ago).

Tried to port daughter's number from ST. It hasn't ported. Verified all my info. Called ST and they said call Visible.

Called Visible and they said my billing ZIP was incorrect. So I gave them that and they said it was still not correct and I had to get it from ST.

Back to ST, "Hey what do you have for my billing zip? It should be *****.

ST: No, that's not what we have.

What do you have?

ST: We can't tell you!

Wha? Okay, I need the +4 I guess. Is it *****-****?

ST: lol no!

WTaF? Where do I find this secret code?

ST: Dunno.

Finally found a billing zip on my account page (using a desktop browser, can't find it in the app). According to a reddit thread, this number, 33178, is the ZIP of their corp office. Even though they have my actual ZIP in there for billing, they would not accept it.

Still going through the process. Hopefully it will work.

I provided the PIN, the account number and all the stuff they say they need. This phantom ZIP code issue is total BS.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I am withdrawing any and all recommendations for StraightTalk as a cell carrier
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 21, 2022 05:47PM
Well, I don’t blame you for being upset, that’s nuts.
I just ported to Visible myself, today, from postpaid Verizon.
I had forgotten all the little things you have to remember, when porting out.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Re: I am withdrawing any and all recommendations for StraightTalk as a cell carrier
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: July 21, 2022 06:01PM
I don't envy you. They were my carrier when my number was stolen by an identity thief a couple of years back. Took a couple of months worth of calls and support chats to get the number back.
Posted by: jonny
Date: July 21, 2022 07:55PM
Big Tello booster here. I post about $7 a month.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 21, 2022 08:14PM
....thanks for giving it to us,,,,,straight....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 22, 2022 01:15AM
This is getting to be an old story now, but once upon a time, a long time ago, I was a AOL member. They sent me an email saying there was a billing problem, so I called them.

Them: Okay, what is the Visa card number on your account?

Me: Blah-blah-blah-blah.

Them: No, that’s not right.

Me: Right, so that’s what the email said -something’s wrong. What’s up?

Them: I’m sorry, I can’t talk to you unless you can provide the right card number.

Me: That is the right card number.

Them: I’m sorry, that doesn’t match our records.

Me: So how can we resolve this?

Them: I’m sorry, without the correct card number I cannot talk to you about the account…

And thus endeth my membership in AOL.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 22, 2022 02:08AM
...And thus endeth my membership in AOL.

How long did that ending take?
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 22, 2022 09:19AM
Years ago I used to handle finances for a friend overseas. He received notice that his Discover account was overdue. He hadn't used it for more than a year and had no way to pay. He asked me to pay it from the account I had. I called Discover to make the payment, but they wouldn't accept it because I wasn't the authorized account holder. I didn't want to charge anything - just give them money. AFAIK it went into default and was never paid as he never returned to the states.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 22, 2022 09:29AM
.....would GayTalk.....be an alternative.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: chopper
Date: July 22, 2022 09:44AM
I never had an AOL account. Ever. I carry that in pride.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 22, 2022 09:56AM
Visible says the port has been pending too long and they needed the info again.

Why do they not have the info? I gave it to them.

Trying to tell my daughter that her account number is the IMEI w/o spaces and that you find it in Settings....

Eff it.

Going to just cancel ST and lose the number. It's not that big of a deal at this point. She is heading off to college starting with a semester overseas and won't be using her US number for a few months anyway.
Date: July 22, 2022 01:49PM
My daughter would have killed me if I lost her number she had had since middle school.
Maybe check with daughter first. smiling smiley

Date: July 22, 2022 06:04PM
Also, I think you can suspend your ST service for a certain period of time, and keep the number, but I haven’t checked on that in a while.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 89
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020