Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone using Apple One? Questions on their family plan
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: July 22, 2022 09:37AM
[www.apple.com]

Shows that the Premier package, multiple people can share the iCloud storage (up to 2T). Just wondering how that works, since each member would also have their own iCloud account?

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Monterey 12.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs M1 2020 13" MBAir (256G 8G)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone using Apple One? Questions on their family plan
Posted by: Mactel
Date: July 22, 2022 10:28AM
You are basically sharing the 2TB with the appleid's of the family members you share with. No one has access to anything on the other person's appleid, it's just the space being shared.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: July 22, 2022 10:55AM
I wonder how it gets split up, especially when you run out of space.

I.e. Does it get split equally? I.e. 2 users: each gets 1TB. 4 users each gets 500MB.

Or is it a free for all? 2 Users, user A uses 1.3TB, user B is using 400MB. But then what happens when if user B tries to use 701MB? I assume it stops working when user B hits 700MB, and then user A would be limited to the 1.3TB they were already using.

I've always assumed it's a free for all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2022 10:56AM by Gareth.
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: July 22, 2022 10:58AM
Gareth

Yeah, that's what I'm hearing, too.

My wife's beloved Bose Wave will not accept Apple Music for some bizarre reason (only Spotify, Pandora, etc), so we'll probably not switch to these plans just yet.

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Monterey 12.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs M1 2020 13" MBAir (256G 8G)
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 22, 2022 01:31PM
Gareth
I wonder how it gets split up, especially when you run out of space.

I.e. Does it get split equally? I.e. 2 users: each gets 1TB. 4 users each gets 500MB.

Or is it a free for all? 2 Users, user A uses 1.3TB, user B is using 400MB. But then what happens when if user B tries to use 701MB? I assume it stops working when user B hits 700MB, and then user A would be limited to the 1.3TB they were already using.

Family used to share the 50GB plan, I was The one informed that it was full. Then as I added family, I got informed the 200GB was full. Five members on my plan, the 2TB covers us all and then some.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 22, 2022 02:36PM
Family share.. everyone can use the same pie of storage. I've used the family share for a couple of years now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 89
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020