advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
crofty like a fox?!....if you've been waiting for next 'Tomb Raider' sequel w/Alicia Vikander....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 29, 2022 08:23PM
....forget it....they waited/delayed so long that MGM lost the rights so Alicia Vikander is no longer attached and bidding war for the rights....

Alicia Vikander is no longer your Tomb Raider

MGM lost the rights to the video game franchise, inciting a Hollywood bidding war

....That’s the way it goes in this crazy business–one day, you’re Lara Croft, the next day you’re just some run-of-the-mill Oscar winning actor. This town will chew you up and spit you back out, we tell ya. Luckily, Alicia Vikander has the action hero training to land on her feet.

Yes, sadly, Vikander is out of the Tomb Raider franchise, and the Tomb Raider franchise is out at MGM. The Wrap first reported that the studio had until May to greenlight the long-awaited sequel to 2018’s Lara Croft origin story reboot, but the window passed and rights reverted back to the video game company and its production partner, Graham King’s GK Films.

A bidding war for the rights is now reportedly in process, and “a host of Hollywood movie studios are in the mix and put in bids,” per The Wrap. Ever slavering for established IP, a source for The Hollywood Reporter called the situation amongst the studios a “feeding frenzy.”

Unfortunately, studios tend to want their intellectual property served fresh (at least, as fresh as it can be for a story that’s been told and re-told), which means they’ll start from scratch without Vikander or the sequel’s expected director, Misha Green (Lovecraft Country).

Vikander had previously expressed excitement about working with Green on a new Tomb Raider adventure, but in an interview with Entertainment Weekly in June she saw the writing on the wall. “With the MGM and Amazon buyout, I have no clue. Now it’s kind of politics,” she said. “I think Misha and I have been ready, so it’s kind of in somebody else’s hands, to be honest.”

She hit the nail on the head, there, as the role–and the entire franchise–will now literally be in somebody else’s hands. Place your bets now as to which lucky star will be the next Lara Croft!

en.....Tombed......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2022 08:25PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: crofty like a fox?!....if you've been waiting for next 'Tomb Raider' sequel w/Alicia Vikander....
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 29, 2022 08:39PM
I enjoyed the ones starring Angelina Jolie (with the sound off).

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Re: crofty like a fox?!....if you've been waiting for next 'Tomb Raider' sequel w/Alicia Vikander....
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 29, 2022 11:15PM
I really liked Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft.

Neither movie was up to the early Tomb Raider games, and the second movie was not as good as the first.

Many would say neither were good, and I say so what, fsck 'em.

Jolie was not on my radar for the part, as I wanted an actress with DD ta-tas, as befitting the early Lara.

But Jolie crushed it as Lara.

She had great guns, and even better gun handling skills than a lot of male actors.

She did a lot of her own stunts, even one that made her stunt double sick.

A great scene in the trailer for the first movie was cut from the film, and that ticked me off.

She deserved much better scripts, as did we, the viewers.

Every so often I watch both, though.

They're still entertaining.

Alicia Vikander, not at all.

She was great in Ex Machina, but just couldn't pull off the role.

Even wtih DDs, it would have been a boring movie.

I don't find her engaging at all, and would probably pass on a sequel starring her, especially on the big screen.

That they'll find an actress that can bring the energy and personality to properly fill the role doesn't seem likely to me.

But then I thought Jolie couldn't do it, but she did.

For the most part.

I'm ready for some old school heroine objectification.

What's Haley Atwell up to (although she probably wouldn't do it)?

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 84
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020