Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
AppleWatch Battery Health
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 03, 2022 03:57PM
Battery Health 80%.

Will not make it thru the day if I am streaming music on cellular on my evening walk!

Series 4 Cellular.

Thinking about getting a new battery.

Any must have features for in the upcoming Series?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: AppleWatch Battery Health
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 03, 2022 04:30PM
I love my series 7. Pulse ox for my asthma. Heart rate for sleep detection. ECG for checking for afib (which I don't have, but it's kind of nice..) Water resistant (Swim, shower, bath, hot tub.. no issues). I keep waiting for the blood glucose metering, and really waiting for the hearing aid functionality in the Airpods or equivalent (WHAT ? ) OTC hearing aids are legal now, but nobody sells them.
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: August 03, 2022 04:31PM
Yay!

You hit the mystical 80% mark!!

Apple won't replace a battery with more than 80% capacity even if your battery life is down to nothing.

So, congrats! You can get a battery replacement! I'm envious. Mine has been sitting at 86% for months.

Posted by: graylocks
Date: August 03, 2022 04:49PM
Rolando
Battery Health 80%.

Will not make it thru the day if I am streaming music on cellular on my evening walk!

Series 4 Cellular.

My AW4 has been below that for months and there's been an alert saying I should get a new battery. It's currently at 71%. I'm waiting to see what AW8 will bring including reducing the price of models newer than mine.

A new battery is $79. TBH, this watch has been wonderful and suits my needs. No newer features have been compelling. If I get a newer watch it will definitely not be in the "need" category.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: kj
Date: August 03, 2022 05:59PM
Shoot, my AW3 is fine for me. It's a bit sluggish, but then so am I. If I get one, I'll have to get everything to make it worth it (cellular, etc.). I think I read the AW4 is about equal to the SE that they still sell? I've wondered if that's the case.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 03, 2022 07:32PM
The larger screens of the Series 6 and 7 are alone worth the upgrade price if one is considering a newer Watch.

There may be a form factor change with S8, that might be a fashion plus or minus.

An S8 also puts one farther done the upgrade path, with a longer upgrade path ahead.

But if an 8 doesn't impress, upgrading to a discounted 7 could be a good way to go.

I don't expect the S8 to have a feature that will compel me to upgrade, but a new form factor and/or color might.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: gadje
Date: August 03, 2022 08:47PM
How do you check the battery health? Thanks
Posted by: Diana
Date: August 03, 2022 09:20PM
I recently had to have a battery replaced in an AW4. Handed them the watch and in a few days I got a new-to-me new watch. I had to re-pair it and as it was cellular, it was a nervous few minutes as it did its thing and all was fine.

To check the battery health, press the stem inward; choose Settings; go down to Battery and select it; go down to Battery Health and press it; and it will tell you what it's maximum capacity. To get out of the menus just press the stem inward again.
Posted by: gadje
Date: August 03, 2022 10:00PM
OK Thanks. I was looking on iPhone in the Watch App and I cannot see it there. I was able to find it on the Watch like you said. Mine is 87%. It's an Apple Watch 3 and lasts almost 2 days.

I really need it for OKTA. I could not live work without it.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: August 03, 2022 10:04PM
gadje
How do you check the battery health? Thanks

on the watch: Settings>Battery >Battery Health

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 03, 2022 11:47PM
I think the killer app I'm waiting for is Glucose Monitor, altho as an asthmatic who likes to go running and hiking, sometimes I push myself a little too hard, and I'm sitting on the ground, forcing myself to breathe deeply, so that Blook O2 monitor is pretty awesome.

I think I will wait until the S8 comes out, see its worth it, but even if it is, I would get a new battery for my S4 and give it to my daughter.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 04, 2022 05:09PM
In watchOS 8.7, I had to press crown > Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

I'm still at 98% on the Watch, and 89% for my 12 mini.

The latter is slightly disappointing as it dropped below 90% sooner than my 5S or older SE.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: kj
Date: August 04, 2022 06:54PM
Huh. My 12 mini lost battery capacity really quickly too. I wonder why.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020