advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Kudos to Apple chat/phone support
Posted by: abevilac
Date: August 04, 2022 03:17PM
So, I signed up for an Apple One Premier account last year but I was lazy (I guess) and didn't invite my family to share my 2TB iCloud space. Recently my husband signed up for the $1/mo 50GB iCloud+ account and invited our daughter and her husband. They filled up his account in no time and they were looking to add more but I then realized that they could all be in my 2TB but I couldn't figure out how to do that.

I started a chat w/ Apple Support and got escalated to phone support and the magic happened. I had to share my phone and my husband's phone screens w/ support and he walked me through the process. (I had to kick them off of the 50GB plan before I could add them to the 2TB space.) It was quite easy but without his help I would have been lost. He even said that they would cancel the 50 GB plan and we would be reimbursed for it.

It kinda reminded me of the good old days.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Kudos to Apple chat/phone support
Posted by: GGD
Date: August 04, 2022 03:23PM
What happened to their 50GB of data they uploaded? Did that get deleted when they had to cancel their 50GB plan?
Posted by: abevilac
Date: August 04, 2022 03:31PM
Nope. It all ported over -- that was the magic.

When he asked if I had any other questions, I thought about asking how to find the Secret Service's missing Messages chats ;-> (oops, that might get me thrown to the other side.)
Posted by: btfc
Date: August 04, 2022 03:35PM
“ I thought about asking how to find the Secret Service's missing Messages chats ;-> “

jest smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 101
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020