advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Sweet Tea Recipe
Posted by: Microman
Date: August 05, 2022 01:30PM
I really like the sweet tea at Canes Chicken.

So its easy enough to make, with Cold Tea Bags and a 1/2 cup of sugar or so.

But does someone have a recipe they like that uses a sugar substitute.... As I believe me drinking all of this sugar, would be bad..

But the Ice Cream I eat cant help either..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sweet Tea Recipe
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: August 05, 2022 02:00PM
I quit drinking sweet tea when I (mostly) gave up sugar some years back, but the secret is to stir the sugar in while the tea is still hot from brewing, which will help incorporate it without clouding up and/or leaving a clump of sugar residue at the bottom.

There's no right or wrong answer as to "how much." When it's sweet enough for you, it's right; if it's too sweet, just make more tea and add until it's right.
Posted by: hal
Date: August 05, 2022 02:07PM
sweets and ice cream are for kids - an old body is not built to deal with this stuff...

I try very hard to belive this to live this, but it doesn't always work
Posted by: d4
Date: August 05, 2022 02:36PM
If the opportunity presents itself, do yourself a favor and experience freshly pressed sugarcane juice smiling smiley

Posted by: rz
Date: August 05, 2022 02:39PM
I love iced tea, but "sweet tea" is waaaaay too sweet for me. At restaurants, I'll usually ask for half sweet, half unsweet. At places like Popeye's, where you pour it yourself, I have to do about 90% unsweet, 10% sweet, and even then it's bordering on too sweet for me. Never been to Cane's, but I imagine it's probably similar to Popeye's.
Posted by: rz
Date: August 05, 2022 02:40PM
Oh, and to sorta answer your question, I use either Splenda or Truvia to sweeten my tea usually. But as mentioned above, it's really subjective when it comes to sweetness.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: August 05, 2022 03:14PM
Some fresh crushed mint added to the steeping tea makes it wonderful.

The best way to do this is to crush the mint together with some sugar.
Posted by: ArtP
Date: August 06, 2022 12:22AM
I recently discovered Kroger Decaf Sweet Tea - usually it is on sale for $1.99 per gallon. It replaced the Milos Tea that I used to buy at almost $4 per gallon. My drink of summer is Half Kroger Sweet Tea and Half Simply Lemonade

Good thing is that I have cut my consumption of Pepsi and Mtn Dew by about 90%.

Bad thing is the Half and Half mixture is probably just as bad as Pepsi or Mtn Dew
Posted by: stephen
Date: August 06, 2022 08:46AM
Milo's - a Birmingham-based fast food place, sells jugs and plastic bottles of tea sweetened with Splenda in some southeastern markets. It's very good, as is the sugared version.
Posted by: stephen
Date: August 06, 2022 08:46AM
[www.walmart.com]
Posted by: Maddog
Date: August 08, 2022 01:29PM
One good way to avoid a lot of sugar is to make "sun" tea. My grandma would put 5-10 tea bags in a large glass container with water and seal it up. Set it on the back porch in the morning and let the sun work its magic thru the day. That tea was delicious and pretty sweet for some reason, even without added sugar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 101
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020