advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Digital Push Pin USA Map?
Posted by: graylocks
Date: August 05, 2022 03:40PM
an aspect of my work involves keeping track of contacts around the country and it's gotten to the point where i need to be more organized about it. In the analog days I would have put up a huge wall map,utilized push pins, and kept a notebook of the contact each pin represented.

Is there a digital equivalent to that that I could keep on my iphone and computer? i travel a lot and I can't take my kitchen wall with me. i know that on google maps I can drop and save pins. would also be nice if i could simply put a cursor on the pin and immediately see the contact details.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Digital Push Pin USA Map?
Posted by: MikeF
Date: August 05, 2022 03:59PM
This?
[www.perkinselearning.org]
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: August 05, 2022 04:12PM
Investigate Google My Maps... it's very similar to the "regular" Google Maps, but, allows you to customize dropped pins with information. I think it allows importing from a .csv file, too, which could be handy. You could create "regional" maps, or by state, or whatever, then drop markers and click them to see contact info.

Hope this helps!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Date: August 05, 2022 04:16PM
MikeF
This?
[www.perkinselearning.org]

OMG! This does exactly what I was wanting! Thank you so much!

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: August 05, 2022 04:18PM
Paul F.
Investigate Google My Maps... it's very similar to the "regular" Google Maps, but, allows you to customize dropped pins with information. I think it allows importing from a .csv file, too, which could be handy. You could create "regional" maps, or by state, or whatever, then drop markers and click them to see contact info.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. I'm pretty sure the instruction page Mike F linked to is essentially using Google My Maps.l

Paul F
Mike F

you two family?

Posted by: Paul F.
Date: August 05, 2022 05:06PM
graylocks
Paul F.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. I'm pretty sure the instruction page Mike F linked to is essentially using Google My Maps.l

Paul F
Mike F

you two family?

Not that we know of... but, I think we did check some years ago, LOL... Glad that solution worked for you!
I LIKE My Maps... I have maybe a dozen "travel wish list" maps. :-)

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 05, 2022 09:03PM
Yes, the Google integration is good, maybe with the possible exception that the big G is tracking you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2022 09:04PM by mrbigstuff.
Date: August 05, 2022 10:38PM
mrbigstuff
Yes, the Google integration is good, maybe with the possible exception that the big G is tracking you.

you can turn that off, you know.

Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: August 05, 2022 10:39PM
Check out Felt. I haven't yet done an actual client project with it, but it looks very nice.

Here’s a Twitter thread from April that talks about some easy options:
[twitter.com]

I see that he’s keen on batchgeo.com
Posted by: MikeF
Date: August 05, 2022 11:42PM
graylocks
Paul F
Mike F

you two family?

Not that I know of, either. I've probably thrown out food Paul F. would have eaten.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: August 06, 2022 01:46PM
graylocks
mrbigstuff

you can turn that off, you know.

But will it stick? I have found that turning off anything connected to Google tends to stick only for a while. Eventually something turns it back on, overriding settings and software.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 07, 2022 06:25AM
MikeF
graylocks
Paul F
Mike F

you two family?

Not that I know of, either. I've probably thrown out food Paul F. would have eaten.

smiley-music039

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 78
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020