The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
CDC estimates 1.7 million gay and bisexual men face highest risk from monkeypox
Posted by: chopper
Date: August 06, 2022 07:51AM
Here is the info.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: CDC estimates 1.7 million gay and bisexual men face highest risk from monkeypox
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: August 06, 2022 08:21AM
It's not an STD but the highest risk comes from close contact, the close the better. Apparently gay men have the types of close contact that allow the virus to transmit.
Re: CDC estimates 1.7 million gay and bisexual men face highest risk from monkeypox
Posted by: stephen
Date: August 06, 2022 08:40AM
I'm gay but rarely (almost never) date. Being careful even at dinner parties and such. Took a shower and changed clothes after dinner at two friends' last night.

There's our big condo pool party in a week and I have doubts about attending. It's not like it's a big cruisy sex thing, but a hug hello is not uncommon.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 06, 2022 09:56AM
Not like the phobic need another reason to hate, but I am gratified that we have a fact based administration.

I would also add that "gentlmen's bars" are starting to be a significant source of transmission as well.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: kj
Date: August 06, 2022 12:45PM
I would prefer to think of it as a promiscuity thing which is behavior that can be changed/chosen rather than something to blame on a group. It may not be an STD, but in some ways it behaves like one because sex is MORE than enough contact.
Posted by: hal
Date: August 06, 2022 01:08PM
AIDS started this way, but the first victim I met was a young, straight woman who died a few months later.
Posted by: d4
Date: August 07, 2022 04:51PM
Wipe down that sweaty gym equipment!
Time for Peloton (PTON) to make a comeback?
11.79 at the moment. Ouch.

Posted by: fauch
Date: August 11, 2022 08:46PM
Not to judge here, but maybe the relevant variable is not that they are gay, but that they are keeping themselves VERY busy. 10 partners in 3 months?! I can only dream of being so lucky with the ladies! And maybe it's a good idea to tone down the whole group sex thing until this blows over...

Of the 152 people in the UKHSA data set, 82 were invited for additional interviews focusing on their sexual health. Among the 45 who participated, 44% reported more than 10 sexual partners in the previous 3 months, and 44% reported group sex during the incubation period.
[www.science.org]

Not a great sample size, but several other studies are reporting similar trends. If you are sleeping around and going to sex parties you are at FAR greater risk.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 98
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020