advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
DISenchanted?!....Disney raises 'Disney+' price & adds ad-supported tier.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 10, 2022 04:25PM
.....the ad free goes from $7.99 to $10.99 [ up $3 ].....the new $7.99 has ads.....bundles also go up....starts Dec. 8.....

Disney Raising Price of Disney+ Subscription to $10.99 and Launching $7.99 Ad-Supported Tier

...Disney today announced that it is increasing the cost of its ad-free Disney+ subscription by 38 percent, raising the price from $7.99 per month to $10.99 per month. This is the most significant price increase Disney has introduced since the 2019 launch of the service.

The price of the ad-free plan is increasing to $10.99 per month because Disney is also launching a new ad-supported tier that will be available for $7.99 per month. The price change and the new ad-supported streaming tier will go into effect on Thursday, December 8.

Disney will also increase the price of Hulu without ads by $2, so it will be $14.99 per month instead of $12.99, with that change being implemented on October 10. Hulu with ads will see a price increase too, going from $6.99 to $7.99 per month.

For current customers, the Disney+ bundle that includes Hulu and ESPN+ with ads will be $1 more expensive, going from $13.99 to $14.99. Disney will offer Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ with adds for $12.99, and a Disney+ and Hulu ad-supported bundle will be available for $9.99 per month. The current ad-free Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ plan will be priced at $19.99 per month.

Disney announced the pricing changes during its earnings announcement for the third fiscal quarter of 2022 [PDF] Disney+ gained a total of 14.4 million subscribers during the quarter, and the company now has more than 221 million subscribers across its streaming platforms.

we just got......DISSed.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2022 06:34PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: DISappointed?!....Disney raises 'Disney+' price & adds ad-supported tier.....
Posted by: Gareth
Date: August 10, 2022 04:50PM
I guess the only nice thing is that those of us on the 3 year prepaid deal should expire in November, so we can renew for another year at the pre-increase price.
Re: DISappointed?!....Disney raises 'Disney+' price & adds ad-supported tier.....
Posted by: BernDog
Date: August 10, 2022 05:44PM
I get Disney+ included with one of my Verizon lines. What are the odds I’ll get to keep it ad-free?

Answer: 0
Re: DISenchanted?!....Disney raises 'Disney+' price & adds ad-supported tier.....
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: August 10, 2022 07:17PM
NewtonMP2100
...the Disney+ bundle that includes Hulu and ESPN+ with ads will be $14.99. Disney will offer Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ with adds for $12.99

huh smiley
Re: DISenchanted?!....Disney raises 'Disney+' price & adds ad-supported tier.....
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 11, 2022 06:42AM
So Disney/Hulu goes up, Netflix goes up, HBO going up, Prime went up, CBS & NBC moving top-tier shows to their subscription platforms.

The only one without a price increase is Apple. That is way out of character for them.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: August 11, 2022 08:17AM
Ombligo
So Disney/Hulu goes up, Netflix goes up, HBO going up, Prime went up, CBS & NBC moving top-tier shows to their subscription platforms.

The only one without a price increase is Apple. That is way out of character for them.

If people start to really feel the pinch of a recession, raising your price point is going to put a bullseye on your forehead when budgets start getting trimmed.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020