Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
MU40C Concert Ukulele $30, MU40 Soprano Ukulele $25
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: August 11, 2022 07:47PM
[slickdeals.net]

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: MU40C Concert Ukulele $30, MU40 Soprano Ukulele $25
Posted by: davemchine
Date: August 11, 2022 08:47PM
I have no experience with that brand but other ukulele at that price point have been challenging to keep in tune. Annoying to tune between each song or in the middle of a song. Just a little more money goes a long way. One of mine is a Kala tenor for $220 and it has pleasant sound and holds its tune reasonably well. I bought a friend a concert size Kala for about $100 and she seems to enjoy it.

Ukulele music I couldn't find anywhere else.
[colquhoun.info]
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: August 12, 2022 04:24PM
davemchine
I have no experience with that brand but other ukulele at that price point have been challenging to keep in tune. Annoying to tune between each song or in the middle of a song. Just a little more money goes a long way. One of mine is a Kala tenor for $220 and it has pleasant sound and holds its tune reasonably well. I bought a friend a concert size Kala for about $100 and she seems to enjoy it.

I've heard other people complain about ukuleles not wanting to stay in tune. Would swapping the standard tuners for more heavy-duty guitar units make a difference, or is it just that with strings that relatively short any tuner is going to get pulled out of adjustment fairly quickly?

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: August 12, 2022 08:00PM
Thrift Store Scott
I've heard other people complain about ukuleles not wanting to stay in tune. Would swapping the standard tuners for more heavy-duty guitar units make a difference, or is it just that with strings that relatively short any tuner is going to get pulled out of adjustment fairly quickly?

Cheap tuners can contribute to the problem, but usually it's just folks new to nylon strings complaining about them loosening up when that's the way that nylon strings work. For the first few days of playing, they'll stretch out a lot, but should eventually stabilize and require less frequent tightening.

Fix: Tune before you play. Electric tuners make it quick and easy.

Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: August 13, 2022 03:08AM
Tiangou
Thrift Store Scott

Cheap tuners can contribute to the problem, but usually it's just folks new to nylon strings complaining about them loosening up when that's the way that nylon strings work. For the first few days of playing, they'll stretch out a lot, but should eventually stabilize and require less frequent tightening.

Fix: Tune before you play. Electric tuners make it quick and easy.

Gotcha. I hadn't thought about that, and I imagine it's much worse under bright stage lights.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 194
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020