advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Getting photos off an iPhone
Posted by: Spiff
Date: August 11, 2022 10:18PM
My wife loves taking photos and videos of our family. So much so that she will take 10-15 photos of the same shot to get just the right one, but not delete any of them. Her 256 GB iPhone 12 mini is all full up.

I have been using iMazing to get photos off her phone and stored onto her computer. She can then delete photos from her phone. Lately, I have run into the problem where iMazing cannot download a photo from her phone because it is being stored or downloaded to iCloud. This bogs down the whole process and usually happens to several pictures. This forces me to write down every single picture this happens to, turning into a real time suck.

But iCloud is not selected under photos. And we are not storing photos in iCloud. We have the 5gb free plan. We store our pics on computer.

So how am I supposed to get the photos off her phone? If I use photos to import the pictures, will we have access to the original jpeg files to manipulate in a different editing program? Is there a different software that people use to get photos off their phones?

The wife is used to the old days in Windoz, where she could plug in her iPhone, see the photos, drag them into folders and organize the files as she pleased, and then delete the pics from her phone. Is there something that acts like this on the Mac side of life?

I am getting increasingly frustrated with the iPhone and getting photos off of it. I have stayed away from iPhoto due to bad reviews in the past. Is it time to revisit this beast? We are using Mojave or earlier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2022 10:23PM by Spiff.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Getting photos off an iPhone
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: August 11, 2022 10:30PM
Spiff
So how am I supposed to get the photos off her phone?

If I use photos to import the pictures, will we have access to the original jpeg files to manipulate in a different editing program?

Is there a different software that people use to get photos off their phones?

ImageCapture or Photos.

Yes. You can just drag an image to the Desktop from the Photos library-window to make a copy on the Desktop.

ImageCapture. It comes with the OS.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 11, 2022 11:06PM
Image Capture is what I use and it works well.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: August 12, 2022 12:39AM
Spiff
I have been using iMazing to get photos off her phone and stored onto her computer…We store our pics on computer. So how am I supposed to get the photos off her phone?

You don't need to do anything on the target computer to effect transfer…

Select the photos on the iPhone: Share button: AirDrop.

After confirming transfer, delete the selected photos from the iPhone.

The transferred photos will be in the Downloads folder. Do what you want with them.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2022 12:45AM by Article Accelerator.
Posted by: Bernie
Date: August 12, 2022 03:15AM
Yeah but all those pictures you shared with messenger are still on the phone.

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: modelamac
Date: August 12, 2022 08:05AM
Spiff,

As Article Accelerator says, use Air Drop on your phone and on your Mac. Open your Mac Finder window and select AirDrop from the sidebar. Your phone should appear in the right section of the Finder window.

Now open Photos on your phone and select Share then AirDrop. Then select the photo(s) you want to download to your Mac. and send them. They will go to the Downloads folder on your Mac. Double check that they all arrived then delete the same from your phone.

I do this regularly with photos from my security cameras in both of my residences.

Ed (modelamac)

I think I will just put an OUT OF ORDER
sticker on my head and call it a day.
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: August 12, 2022 09:02AM
For moving large numbers of photos/videos between devices I prefer the Photo Transfer App.

[www.phototransferapp.com]

It will let you move even very large video files or folders full of pictures without trouble. It’s also smart enough not to download duplicates of files that are already on the target device.

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Posted by: rz
Date: August 12, 2022 09:45AM
Another vote for Image Capture.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 106
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020