advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Microsoft Office 2021 And Mojave OS Question
Posted by: jh
Date: August 16, 2022 11:21AM
Getting ready to update a laptop from Sierra to Mojave. Catalina will come later. Have MS Office 16 already which will work on Mojave but won't on Catalina.

So thinking about purchasing MS Office 2021 for when upgrade to Mojave. I know MS does not support with updates security and otherwise for Mojave. Lowest support is now Catalina and up.

The question is if I purchase MS Office 2021 will it still be able to install and work on my upgrade to Mojave?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Microsoft Office 2021 And Mojave OS Question
Posted by: Gareth
Date: August 16, 2022 11:29AM
Where are you purchasing Office 2021?

The $50 "deals" like StackSocial give you a code that you enter into your Microsoft account and then you download the software from Microsoft, and I think Microsoft encodes your serial number into the download so you don't have to activate when you launch it.

The current installer will not run on Mojave. But there are older versions that will. The question is, can you find an older installer that will install then activate manually?

I guess you could try downloading 16.54 from here: [docs.microsoft.com]

And then see if it installs and asks for an activation code when you launch it, and then manually enter it.

I ended up buying a copy of 2016 recently for a Mojave machine, although the source may have been a bit questionable, but it worked (appears to be a volume license).
Re: Microsoft Office 2021 And Mojave OS Question
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: August 16, 2022 11:57AM
Office 2016 (v16.16.27 ) works fine under Catalina.

The apps will pop up notifications telling you that you have to upgrade. They're lying.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020