Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
CBD for Sleep?
Posted by: steveroberts
Date: August 19, 2022 07:08AM
Friends,

I'm having trouble staying asleep. The recent pattern is awaking between 3 and 4 AM and not being able to get back to sleep.

Anyone tried using CBD for sleep?

If so, what has been your experience?

SR
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: CBD for Sleep?
Posted by: Sam3
Date: August 19, 2022 07:22AM
Have you tried taking Melatonin supplements? They should help.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Date: August 19, 2022 07:36AM
Sam3
Have you tried taking Melatonin supplements? They should help.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Yes, I have tried. Does not work consistently for me. Good for a day or two, then it keeps me up.
Posted by: JoeM
Date: August 19, 2022 07:50AM
I take a CBD capsule before going to bed. It does help my sleep but does so because it helps with my spine pain, which if acting up interrupts my sleep. I still wake up several times throughout the night most nights but I’m able to turn over and go right back to sleep. I take an isolated CBD rather than a full spectrum.

JoeM
Posted by: mstudio
Date: August 19, 2022 08:18AM
I have a Medical Marijuana license so am able to take something a little stronger than straight CBD. I found the CDB didn't do anything for me, but a hybrid CBD/THC gummy does the trick, it takes about 20 minutes for it to kick in. I would try the CBD, it may work for you.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 19, 2022 08:33AM
It all depends on what is waking you up.
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: August 19, 2022 08:36AM
Pretty much nothing helps me with this problem.
Date: August 19, 2022 08:36AM
cbelt3
It all depends on what is waking you up.

Nothing specific. No pain. Generally, nothing on my mind. Just wide awake at 3.
Posted by: Microman
Date: August 19, 2022 08:55AM
I assume you don't have sleep apnea, or that you are overweight, which tends to lead to sleep apnea
Posted by: jonny
Date: August 19, 2022 09:30AM
I have a tincture of CBD that I take in the middle of the night if I’m having trouble sleeping. It seems to work quite well. I recommend trying it.
Posted by: earache
Date: August 19, 2022 09:34AM
I use a 1:1 THC/CBD tincture just before bed when I've been having trouble sleeping, and it never fails to deliver a good night's sleep.

earache
Posted by: Fritz
Date: August 19, 2022 10:14AM
tried melo - nothing
tried cbd - nothing
cousin is using a 1:1 like earache. He has bad sciatica and foot drop.
not overweight. Fit, walks as best he can. Never smoked in his life.
The 1:1 is working for him.

I find weed or gummies give the extra push.

diving deeper into what Micro posted.
I have bad sleep apnea.
OSA is one of the most undiagnosed medical conditions.
If you're male, over 50, overweight (even 5%) and/or tend to be less on pulmonary fitness, walk, cycle, swim, you prolly have OSA to some degree.

I watched my mom take a sleep clinic test. Waste of fkn time & medicare $. If you have sleep apnea, being away from home is not gonna make it better.
I took the Phillips test 5 years ago, not bad.
I ended up with a trial CPAP. Waste of time, though I have a few friends who tolerate it well.
Took the Lofta WatchPat test in March. Much, much, much easier to tolerate.

I have ended up with the ProSomnus device after 2 friends both did well with it. Had it a week. So far so good. Haven't had a midday nodding. Time will tell.

Find a pulmonologist what knows their 5h1t.
Not to be ageist, but in practice less than 20 years.
If she/he hasn't heard of Lofta or oral devices, find another.
If you're near a good Uni hospital, that may be a good place to inquire.

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: August 19, 2022 10:37AM
CBD didn't do anything for me.

Fritz, what is a 1:1 like earache?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 19, 2022 11:35AM
anonymouse1

My question to? Is he putting them in is ear?
Does that work?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 19, 2022 11:55AM
CBD ointment for muscle pain didn't do anything for me. But never tried it for sleeping issues, which I suffer from. My latest self remedy is to not eat anything for 5 hours prior to bedtime. My theory is that digestive distress causes a good deal of sleep and gerd problems. I'm not perfect yet, and will never be, but this is helping.

Hurts like a bastid...
Posted by: rz
Date: August 19, 2022 12:01PM
Have you tried Benedryl?
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 19, 2022 12:42PM
rz
Have you tried Benedryl?

If you are older, taking benedryl is not recommended. It apparently crosses the blood brain barrier and is not good for seniors.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: earache
Date: August 19, 2022 12:44PM
I'm earache, and I put the 1:1 tincture in my mouth. It's definitely not for ears.

Rolando
anonymouse1

My question to? Is he putting them in is ear?
Does that work?

earache
Posted by: Fritz
Date: August 19, 2022 12:53PM
anonymouse1
CBD didn't do anything for me.

the post above me by earache regarding 1:1

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 19, 2022 01:52PM

Vinnie-On-The-Corner has a number of flavorful solutions for you.
Posted by: davemchine
Date: August 19, 2022 02:58PM
CBD did not help me with sleep at all. Benedryl works well as long as it wears off by the time you wake up. If the alarm goes off at 6am don’t take benedryl after 2am. I’ve found that a little walk around the house sometimes settles my mind and I’m able to sleep again. Reading something enjoyable (not the news or anything that might key me up) for a bit sometimes helps. Sleeping in a different position or even a different location (couch) can help. A light snack can help but aggravates acid issues for me. Most of all acknowledge that it’s ok to be awake, as frustrating as it can be, getting upset makes sleep more difficult.

Ukulele music I couldn't find anywhere else.
[colquhoun.info]
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 19, 2022 04:08PM
davemchine
I’ve found that a little walk around the house sometimes settles my mind and I’m able to sleep again.

So, supposedly, 200+ years ago, it was apparently standard practice for people to have their night's sleep in two parts:

Throughout history, there have been numerous accounts of segmented sleep, from medical texts, to court records and diaries, and even in African and South American tribes, with a common reference to "first" and "second" sleep.

Anthropologists have found evidence that during preindustrial Europe, bi-modal sleeping was considered the norm...Historian A. Roger Ekirch's book At Day's Close: Night in Times Past describes how households at this time retired a couple of hours after dusk, woke a few hours later for one to two hours, and then had a second sleep until dawn.

What would they do in the middle of the night?

During this waking period, people would relax, ponder their dreams, or have sex.

Worth waking up for? wink smiley

Some would engage in activities like sewing, chopping wood, or reading, relying on the light of the moon or oil lamps.

Ekirch found references to the first and second sleep started to disappear during the late 17th century.

So, modern life may not let you do this, but I've found that I don't feel too guilty any more for waking up around 11 or 12 and going downstairs and reading for a hour or so before sleeping the rest of the night. But I'm retired, so YMMV.
Posted by: rz
Date: August 19, 2022 05:58PM
rgG
rz
Have you tried Benedryl?

If you are older, taking benedryl is not recommended. It apparently crosses the blood brain barrier and is not good for seniors.

My 103-year-old aunt takes it every night... doesn't seem to bother her.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: August 19, 2022 06:24PM
rz
Have you tried Benedryl?

Benadryl can cause restless legs and arms, which is awful. I took it for years and then all at once it backfired. I don’t know what sets it off.
Posted by: jonny
Date: August 30, 2022 08:44AM
[www.nytimes.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 189
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020