The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Blondie
Posted by: Fritz
Date: August 23, 2022 02:21PM
Blondie on the Music That Defined Its Legacy

Dreaming.
Watch Clem. Great basher if there ever was one.

[www.youtube.com]

!#$@@$#!

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Blondie
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 23, 2022 02:47PM
One of my favorite songs. The drumming is fantastic.

An example of what I'd call "Lead Drumming"

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: August 23, 2022 03:12PM
Fritz
Blondie on the Music That Defined Its Legacy

Dreaming.
Watch Clem. Great basher if there ever was one.

[www.youtube.com]

I knew that had to be Dreaming. Song summary: drums and some other junk.

Pretty amazing when your lead singer is Debbie Harry and she plays second banana to a frequently overlooked part of many bands.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: August 23, 2022 03:33PM
At the beginning of Blondie, Clem was the only schooled musician as I recall. When Gary Valentine was replace by Nigel Harrison, we was the 2nd. And a very nice bloke.
The whole band was pretty pleasant when I met them for Live from CBGB in '76. Unfortunately, they were already signed to Private Stock and were precluded from the LP. Same with Talking Heads, signed to Sire.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 23, 2022 03:36PM

Dagwood
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: August 23, 2022 09:41PM
Clem is one of the great rock drummers imo..basher when he needs to be..minds the pocket always and has very major chops in the hole..
Call Me, Heart of Glass (holding down a sweet disco backbeat with great fills), Dreaming..very athletic drum part and he's all over it..
But all through what is Blondie, Clem holds it all down and is quite recognizable stylewise. Completely different band without him..duh, i suppose..but not really..strong style.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 23, 2022 10:13PM
he is definitely recognizable! not my favorite, but absolutely perfect for this music and band.

Blondie just released a lot of their old music videos on their channel! pretty cool!
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: August 24, 2022 09:52AM
Great article, thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 76
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020