Re: ‘ Buffalo Bills release punter Matt Araiza ‘
Posted by: mattkime
Date: August 27, 2022 10:08PM
As it should be.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: August 27, 2022 10:28PM
I am still combing through the details of this story but it isn’t looking good for the punter. Going to wager the Bills legal staff and team hired investigators looked at the evidence and recommended cutting ties with him. The alleged victim was 17 at the time. Not seeing how any “my version of events” by the punter gets him out of trouble other than him taking her straight home to her parents. I guess we will see when more details come out.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 28, 2022 10:07AM
pRICE cUBE
I am still combing through the details of this story but it isn’t looking good for the punter. Going to wager the Bills legal staff and team hired investigators looked at the evidence and recommended cutting ties with him. The alleged victim was 17 at the time. Not seeing how any “my version of events” by the punter gets him out of trouble other than him taking her straight home to her parents. I guess we will see when more details come out.

There goes her "substantial settlement".

The worst part of being single is literally having to ask girls for their ID.
Late 1990s: Me and friends at my apartment is overlooking a festival: "woohoo!"
Group of girls, all holding booze: "Let's party!"
Friend and I go downstairs to let them in: "Let's see some ID!"
Girls "Uh....we don't have any..."
Me and Friend: "Buh-bye!"

#guiltyuntilproveninnocent

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: bfd
Date: August 28, 2022 11:50PM
This has been in the news here in the Far Southwest Corner for quite awhile now. It's a real mess. But evidence from SDPD makes it seems clear that a) a 17-year-old was gang raped at a party and b) Matt Araiza was in on both the gang rape as well as the sex beforehand.

Because this happened off campus, SDSU Police weren't involved originally, although both the girl and her father claim to have reported it to campus police, and but the campus police claim that a "formal" report was never filed - something that's technically true, but is very bad optically.

Students reportedly used a hotline in the days following the crimes to give campus authorities the names of some of those who are now named in the civil suit. That was almost a year ago (late October/early November). Nothing else was said or done after that - at least publicly. The university got a speaker in (former rape victim) to talk with the football team and other male teams early in spring semester this year.

SDPD spent months screwing around with their own investigation, and requested that SDSU hold off on their Title IX investigation (which is about the only way SDSU could be involved since the crime happened off campus). This was supposedly to help SDPD prevent any contamination of witnesses and/or evidence by both the SDPD and the university investigating an alleged gang rape.

L.A. Times ran an exposé in late June, and that's when things really started ramping up as far as questions directed at the university. Since then, the president has sent several emails, trying to get out in front of this. Seems the university was just following the instructions of SDPD as far as laying off their investigation. As of July, SDPD gave the university the ok to continue their Title IX investigation.

The Times story was picked up by its sister paper in San Diego, and lots of editorials as well as reports made it into print this month. Front page news almost every day, and several lengthy editorials. A civil suit was filed this week, the Bills dumped Araiza this week, and now all hell has broken loose.

What's very interesting about all of this is that there's been plenty of time to do a thorough investigation and hit these guys with criminal charges. Somehow, that hasn't happened (yet). And possibly, it won't. So maybe the only place we'll ever find out what happened is in civil court.

This all occurs one week before the opening of a brand new SDSU football stadium with national coverage (CBS) of the game and new stadium this Saturday afternoon.

With the Tatis PED scandal and now this, San Diego really isn't staying very classy right now… at least sports wise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2022 11:56PM by bfd.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 29, 2022 12:33AM
Staying classy implies it ever was.
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 29, 2022 12:31PM
The average sports fan doesn't care.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 138
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020