advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
MBP you fools!
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 28, 2022 10:11AM
Via Slickdeals. Pretty good evidence that M2Pros are coming, probably in October! Quick check shows the 1TB models are also $350 off.
[slickdeals.net]

Costco Wholesale has for their Members: Apple 14" MacBook Pro Laptop (2021 Model) on sale for $1,599.99. Shipping is free.
Available Colors:
Space Gray (MKGP3LL/A)
Silver (MKGR3LL/A)
Thanks to Community Member ANGELINK999 for sharing this deal.

Specs:
Apple M1 Pro Chip 8-Core Processor
14.2" 3024x1964 Liquid Retina XDR Display
512GB Solid State Drive
16GB RAM
Apple M1 Pro 14-Core GPU
802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 + Bluetooth 5.0
1080p FaceTime HD Camera
Backlit Magic Keyboard w/ Touch ID
Ports:
3x Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) Ports w/ support for Charging
1x SDXC
1x HDMI
1x 3.5mm Headphone Jack
1x MagSafe 3
Editor's Notes & Price Research Written by SubZero5 | Staff
About this Deal:
$350 savings is valid 8/27/22 through 8/30/22. While supplies last. Limit 2 per member.
Rated 4.8 out of 5 stars from over 280 reviews.
About this Store:
Costco's Return Policy
Refer to the forum thread for deal discussion.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: MBP you fools!
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 28, 2022 03:50PM
If I were buying a new laptop for my personal use,I would get this make and model. Great price.

I do not think most people need more than 16GB RAM.

True all-day battery life. And full set of ports, unlike the M2 MBA.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: August 28, 2022 05:18PM
Very tempting!
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: August 28, 2022 08:42PM
Best Buy has the same price, I said, "honey how about this one", she just looked at me like are you crazy.

[www.bestbuy.com]

Grateful11
Posted by: datbeme
Date: August 30, 2022 09:54PM
Super tempting.

If you are getting one of the 2 stock 14" models, this is $50 better than the EDU price including the promotional $150 gift card—without any of the hassle of having to redeem it. And you get Coscto's 90 day return policy if you're on the fence. Apple Care+ at purchase from Costco is just $220—a few dollars less than EDU and $59 less than Apple's regular price or Best Buy's price.

Now, you're out of luck if you want a custom config such as more GPU cores or 32GB or 2TB. If you qualify for EDU, most of those things are discounted another 20%, but the bang for the buck on these two models is amazing.

I'm just at the point where I'm OK waiting and paying a little more for the M2 version when it comes out. I qualify for EDU and I'm not in a hurry, so I will likely wait even if I miss out on the absolute best deal.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: August 30, 2022 11:10PM
The Costco and Best Buy price is also $200 less than an Apple refurb.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 130
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020