advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
“ ‘Lady In The Lake’ Apple+ Series Forced To Halt Production After Extortion Threats From Baltimore Locals“
Posted by: btfc
Date: August 28, 2022 07:12PM
“ An Apple TV+ series filming in Baltimore stopped production Friday after several people threatened the producers and tried to extort money from them, Baltimore police said.

A spokesperson for the Baltimore Police Department said the crew was filming around 4 PM in the downtown area when the producers were approached by several people. The group claimed if they didn’t stop filming they would come back and shoot someone, police said.

However, they said no violence would occur if they were paid an unspecified amount. Producers decided to halt filming and seek a new location. Local news outlet The Baltimore Banner reported that drug dealers attempted to extort $50,000 from the production, which producers declined to pay. “

[deadline.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ ‘Lady In The Lake’ Apple+ Series Forced To Halt Production After Extortion Threats From Baltimore Locals“
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: August 28, 2022 08:01PM
The more I hear about Baltimore, the more I think that maybe it just needs to get walled off and toss food to the animals occasionally...

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Re: “ ‘Lady In The Lake’ Apple+ Series Forced To Halt Production After Extortion Threats From Baltimore Locals“
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 28, 2022 10:08PM
Since the 1990s at least, Baltimore had another claim to fame:

[www.cbsnews.com]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Acer
Date: August 28, 2022 10:21PM
Send $tevie down there, she'll clear 'em out.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: August 29, 2022 09:31AM
I remember reading (hearing, more likely) a story via NPR about how there are "lawn mowing" guys who would drive around L.A. and look for crews, and start doing mowing or whatever, so they could get a payout from the film crew to just go away.

Posted by: mikebw
Date: August 29, 2022 10:36AM
Paul F.
The more I hear about Baltimore, the more I think that maybe it just needs to get walled off and toss food to the animals occasionally...

Like any major city, there are places within Baltimore that are good, OK, and not so good.
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: August 29, 2022 11:36AM
Where's McNulty when we need him?
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: August 30, 2022 09:11PM
Zoidberg
I remember reading (hearing, more likely) a story via NPR about how there are "lawn mowing" guys who would drive around L.A. and look for crews, and start doing mowing or whatever, so they could get a payout from the film crew to just go away.

From my experience of location productions, they had it coming. The city has bent over backwards to keep filming in town due to competition from Toronto, Georgia, etc. There has been a large fall off in production since the Covid in early 2020. We've had a couple of NCIS LA shots locally and small time commercial shoots, but it's been a long time since Chinatown, Mad Mad World, and Crash were shot within 500 feet of my home. Writers like to place scenes next to ocean cliffs or with overlooks. Personally, I don't see why you couldn't shoot most sitcoms and rom coms in any of dozens of midwestern cities or hundreds of towns, but it's easier, I suspect, to use rented equipment that is available in bulk locally. You would be surprised at how much equipment and how many trucks it takes to carry it just to do a day's filming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2022 09:14PM by Ca Bob.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020