advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
USS Texas move underway - live video
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 31, 2022 06:14AM
The battleship USS Texas is being moved to Galveston for hull repairs. The ship is the only battleship remaining to have served in both WW1 and WW2. Repairs are expected to take 12-18 months. The memorial museum ship will then be relocated from it's San Jacinto berth, though it has not yet been determined where the new site will be.

Live stream of the move -- [www.youtube.com]

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: USS Texas move underway - live video
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: August 31, 2022 09:12AM
Growing up (and still living) in Houston, we frequented the 'Battleship Texas' often, first me as a child with my parents then me as an adult taking visitors and then my own kids.

This zoomed in pic was taken from atop the adjacent San Jacinto Monument:

Look at them guns:

My music blog: [www.auditorymusings.net]

The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 31, 2022 09:56AM
NIce.

Just saw a rather heartbreaking video by the New Jersey team about the USS Enterprise CV6. I truly wish that one could have been preserved

[youtu.be]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: August 31, 2022 10:08AM
Rolando
NIce.

Just saw a rather heartbreaking video by the New Jersey team about the USS Enterprise CV6. I truly wish that one could have been preserved

[youtu.be]

Watched that one a few days ago...
Yeah, of all the carriers to have saved - that should have been the one!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 129
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020