advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Sam I Am not?!…..Sam’s Club raises annual membership…..
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 31, 2022 03:11PM
….for 1st time in 9 years…..starting Oct 17….from $45 to $50…..:

Sam’s Club raises annual membership fee for the first time in nine years

Starting Oct. 17, fees will increase from $45 to $50 for club members and from $100 to $110 for members of its higher-tier level, “Plus.”

….. Walmart-owned Sam’s Club said Wednesday it will raise its annual fees this fall, as the warehouse club’s membership hovers at a record high and inflation-pinched shoppers seek deals on bulk items.

Fees will increase to $50 from $45 for club members and to $110 from $100 for members of its higher-tier level, “Plus,” which includes some additional perks. The changes take effect on Oct. 17

It marks the first fee hike in nine years for the entry-level membership. Sam’s Club has not raised the price of the “Plus” membership since it debuted in 1999.

That brings Sam’s closer in price to rival Costco, which charges $60 a year for its basic membership and $120 for its higher-tier “Gold” membership.

Sam’s Club is hiking annual fees as warehouse clubs benefit from budget-conscious customers. Shoppers turned to Costco, BJ’s Wholesale and Sam’s Club during the early months of the Covid pandemic to stock up on huge packs of toilet paper, household cleaners and cans of soup. In recent months, those shoppers have sought relief from inflation by seeking out cheaper gas and high volume discounts.

At the same time, inflation may make the increase sting. In a note to members Wednesday afternoon, Sam’s Club CEO Kath McLay said the company is “mindful of the financial pressure on wallets right now.”…..

…..what goes up………..

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sam I Am not?!…..Sam’s Club raises annual membership…..
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 31, 2022 03:51PM
They are also giving a rebate of the exact amount raised (Just got the email).

I once heard that the membership fee is a large part of their profit ?
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 31, 2022 05:11PM
Mine renewed last week.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: testcase
Date: August 31, 2022 08:25PM
Old members must wait six months before they can use the “special deal “coupon”.
Posted by: Michael
Date: September 01, 2022 06:06PM
Every 3 or 4 years I think I want to rejoin and so I find some deal that nets out at $5 or so to join. We go and get a card and shop and it's fine. And then often don't go back unless we happen to be driving by a Sam's Club somewhere else. And so I don't renew it at the end of the year. I think the basic problem is that we drive by a Costco on our way to the Sam's Club that is another 10 miles to drive to. It's hard for me to pass by a Costco without stopping and then I don't need to go to Sam's!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 126
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020