advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Internet access question
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: September 01, 2022 11:06AM
My mom's provider was recently bought up by a company called Zito. She has noticed that sometimes (SOMETIMES) she cannot access the website of the place she works. She also cannot check emails from there. Everything else works fine. She can surf the interwebs. Go where she wants. Check her normal emails. Everything is fine.

Now, I can access this website from where I am no issue. AND she can access it from her phone using LTE. So it would appear that it is an issue with her ISP. But neither of us is sure how to address this with their "support." Can anyone put a name to this type of behavior?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Internet access question
Posted by: mikebw
Date: September 01, 2022 11:12AM
Sounds like a DNS issue. If the website is hosted internally then she may need to add the IP address to her local hosts file. [en.wikipedia.org])

Internal networks traffic may not have access to the external facing website URL. Can you have her try using just the IP address instead?
Date: September 01, 2022 02:19PM
mikebw
Sounds like a DNS issue. If the website is hosted internally then she may need to add the IP address to her local hosts file. [en.wikipedia.org])

Internal networks traffic may not have access to the external facing website URL. Can you have her try using just the IP address instead?

That sort of makes sense? I'm not sure how I would do that though, let alone tell my mom how to. I'm not sure how to access the site via IP address so I wasn't sure how to ask her to do that either.

Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: September 01, 2022 05:07PM
Is she using the Mail app or Safari to check mail?
If it is running and older MacOS--Sometimes older Safari's are blocked or will not work.
Date: September 01, 2022 06:11PM
She's using Airmail and I'm pretty sure this is Monterrey. If not the one right before it.

Date: September 02, 2022 10:35AM
bazookaman
mikebw

That sort of makes sense? I'm not sure how I would do that though, let alone tell my mom how to. I'm not sure how to access the site via IP address so I wasn't sure how to ask her to do that either.

You should be able to do a DNS lookup, but I'm having trouble finding a tool that does what I want.
Posted by: btfc
Date: September 02, 2022 10:41AM
“ You should be able to do a DNS lookup, but I'm having trouble finding a tool that does what I want. “

[www.wikihow.com]
Date: September 02, 2022 10:58AM
I did manage to find the IP address of the site she's trying to get to but now what?

Date: September 02, 2022 11:04AM
bazookaman
I did manage to find the IP address of the site she's trying to get to but now what?

Paste or type the IP into your web browser address bar. If the page loads as normal then for you then have her try it, and then if it still works she should be able to substitute that anywhere the URL was used before.
Date: September 02, 2022 12:44PM
Ok. I wasn't sure if it was that easy. I did try that and got a

SORRY!
If you are the owner of this website, please contact your hosting provider: webmaster@70.32.23.71
It is possible you have reached this page because: etc, etc

Posted by: btfc
Date: September 02, 2022 12:55PM
Clean out cookies and caches.

Plan B: Try a new user.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 216
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020