advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
culling?!….more SNL cast members exiting….
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 01, 2022 01:06PM
….3…..Melissa Villasenor…..Alex Moffat…..Aristotle Athari…….

……previously exited….
Aidy Bryant
Pete Davidson
Kate McKinnon
Kyle Mooney

….that makes 7 now…..

SNL: Melissa Villaseñor and Alex Moffat Among 3 More Cast Members Out Ahead of Season 48

....The Saturday Night Live cast exodus continues.

Series vets Melissa Villaseñor and Alex Moffat are not returning to the NBC late-night sketch series for Season 48

In addition, Aristotle Athari, who made his debut as a featured player last fall, will not return for a second season. (NBC has declined comment for this story.)

That brings the tally of SNL departures to a whopping seven (7) cast members, following the previously announced exits of Aidy Bryant, Pete Davidson, Kate McKinnon and Kyle Mooney.

Rumors of Villaseñor’s departure first started circulating in early August after the comedian shared a steady stream of SNL memories on her Instagram Story — a series of behind-the-scenes photos and videos that culminated in a title card that read “The End.” Soon after she announced a fall standup tour, with dates spanning October through November.......

3 more.......are gone........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2022 04:30PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: culling?!….more SNL cast members exiting….
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 01, 2022 02:54PM
I can see McKinnon continuing to go on to big things.

Bryant as well.

Davidson is probably closer Will Ferrel to than Jimmy Fallon, he'll be ok.

The rest...I hope they get some good scripts.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 01, 2022 03:13PM
I like Melissa Villaseñor but that was not the correct stage for her. I do hope that she figures it out, I see her as a theatre person more than anything, a la John Leguizamo.
Posted by: Spiff
Date: September 01, 2022 03:28PM
I was always struck at how bloated SNL appeared on the opening credits.
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 01, 2022 04:36PM
mrbigstuff
I like Melissa Villaseñor but that was not the correct stage for her. I do hope that she figures it out, I see her as a theatre person more than anything, a la John Leguizamo.

Agree. She's very talented, but she never seemed to find a groove on SNL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2022 04:36PM by Acer.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: September 02, 2022 06:07PM
Alex is a loss
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020