AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Any audiophiles here?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 03, 2022 11:16AM
Techmoan reviews a CD Shaver!
"music becomes cleaner, clearer...."
[youtu.be]

Seems like the next step after the green sharpie treatment!
In other words, absolute rubbish!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Any audiophiles here?
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: September 03, 2022 11:47AM
Snake oil.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 03, 2022 11:47AM
Just be sure to use the $1000 patch cables.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: Fritz
Date: September 03, 2022 12:48PM
Ombligo
Just be sure to use the $1000 patch cables.

free-range, organic fed, laid flat, untouched by humans.
or buy the LP and get sound improvement immediately.

wonder what kind of shave cream is used.....

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 03, 2022 01:24PM
Not sure about a "shaver", but I have a CD cleaner/polisher that's like 5 little mini orbital sanders for the face of the disc. It has resurrected many CD's, though there have been a few that it couldn't save. Depends on the technology involved. Also not sure what type of "not-functioning-properly" CD's a shaver would benefit most, but that video makes it seem like not many.
==
Posted by: davemchine
Date: September 03, 2022 01:39PM
I frequently have problems with old DVD's. Which polisher do you use Buzz?

Ukulele music I couldn't find anywhere else.
[colquhoun.info]
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 03, 2022 02:20PM
davemchine
I frequently have problems with old DVD's. Which polisher do you use Buzz?

They've been tucked away for awhile now, and I don't recall the brand names.... but one has three little orbital doods, and the other has five. One is manual/hand cranked, and the other is battery/wall wart. A quick goog doesn't find those styles anymore, but I recognize the "SkipDr" moniker. The current products aren't anything like our oldies.

It's a two-step process, the first pass is more abrasive/aggressive, and the second pass polishes. When I was in full production mode, I used the motorized unit for the first, abrasive pass, and the manual for the second, polishing pass, as they both required swapping the little sanding pads in between passes. After that, a good manual radial wipe w/ a microfiber cloth is the finishing touch.

I'd just take a guess/shot at one of the motorized units that has lots of good reviews if buying now. Next trip to the storage locker, I'll take a quick look for 'em, and if they're readily accessible, you're welcome to borrow 'em, as long as you ship 'em back when you're done. The pads need cleaning every few discs, w/ the abrasive more frequently so, so it's kinda like a real task..... but the results have been rewarding.
==
Posted by: Bernie
Date: September 03, 2022 06:56PM
Skip Doctor Classic

System 7-8 Fisher Price children games on CDs. This worked great. Works great. I know what box mine is in.

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: September 03, 2022 07:30PM
But has it been cryogenically treated?
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 03, 2022 08:09PM
In case anybody isn't familiar with TechMoan and/or didn't watch the video, he's of 'The Emperor has no clothes!' camp.

But instead of being of the 'I can't hear a difference so there must be no difference' he pretty much proves it.

However, that shaver is a nice bit of kit, even of its only value is to enriched the seller.

I don't know that I've ever had a CD out of round.

And TechRadar got a mention. LOL.

Last night I watched an episode of Colombo with Gene Barry playing a psychiatrist.

He says 'People will 'see' what they expect to see'.

Obviously the principle applies to audiophiles.

But if one has the money and it makes him happy, so what.

He could do worse.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 165
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020