Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
and another - Bruce - Born in the USA
Posted by: Fritz
Date: September 11, 2022 10:33AM
[www.youtube.com]

Bob Clearmountain, what has mixed a bazillion of the best known LPs, is one of the nicest, quietest, humble mixers I ever had the pleasure of meeting. Here he chats with a couple of very nerdy kids about back in the day with Born in the USA, sitting behind his SSL 4k in his home mix suite.

!#$@@$#!

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: and another - Bruce - Born in the USA
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 11, 2022 11:22AM
My favorite version of Born in the USA is the unplugged version from Live in NYC 2001

[youtu.be]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: chopper
Date: September 11, 2022 01:26PM
I was a huge fan of Bruce. Until I realized that he was and is a product. I still listen to him but I'd never go see him again.

Also, drinking shots and riding without a helmet is the realm of a moron.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 11, 2022 02:23PM
Fritz
[www.youtube.com]

Bob Clearmountain, what has mixed a bazillion of the best known LPs, is one of the nicest, quietest, humble mixers I ever had the pleasure of meeting. Here he chats with a couple of very nerdy kids about back in the day with Born in the USA, sitting behind his SSL 4k in his home mix suite.

That was DAMN cool. Thanks for posting.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: September 11, 2022 05:34PM
they are all product. that is the music business, especially after the mid 70s. too bad a lot of it is flushable product.

I still dig a lot of the older products I have always loved, but the seat prices do pi$$ me the f* off.
Tedeschi Trucks seats at the Beacon, average $175 and as high as $1000. Bruce is even more.
Though there are seats in the upper balcony toilets for $60.

Not to pick on TTB, I quite like them and their attitude.

TTB are a twelve piece band with a crew, hotels, pd, and gas to match. But seems a bit much to me.

Let's say there are 2500 seats available. $437k per night. 7 nights $3M.
There are less than 100 teets in total in the TTB camp.
If the promoter gets half (not that I know that), $1.5M split amongst teets and production costs. If production costs are $750k (no where near that), that leaves $750k for teets, ~$75k pp for 9 days, including the in and the out.
While I realize that TTB has done the right thing (unlike many others) and kept their crew on payroll these last 2.5 years, seems like an awful lot of hay while the sun shines.

I paid $50 the other night to see Neko Case at Brooklyn Steel airplane hanger (with a nice PA with many "compromised" drivers) for general admission.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: hal
Date: September 11, 2022 06:58PM
That's funny - I've never really been a fan of Bruce, but I've always thought he was authentic. Been meaning to check out the recent americana stuff of his.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 11, 2022 10:55PM
TTB (and many, many others) are touring like there is no tomorrow, and the seat prices reflect that possible reality.

It's shocking to those of us who used to line up for tickets to shows hoping to get the best seats, but sadly, it no work like that any longer.
Date: September 12, 2022 01:18AM
mrbigstuff
TTB (and many, many others) are touring like there is no tomorrow, and the seat prices reflect that possible reality.

To be expected, really, after not being able to tour for the better part of two years.

And who is TTB?

It is what it is.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 12, 2022 01:42AM
[www.tedeschitrucksband.com]

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 12, 2022 03:02PM
mrbigstuff

It's shocking to those of us who used to line up for tickets to shows hoping to get the best seats, but sadly, it no work like that any longer.

I remember vividly, it was the Who 1999. I heard they were playing in Sacramento, I and was GOING TO GET GREAT SEATS. Great seats are not something that I would do regularly, but for the Who - yeah, it would be worth it.

Then I saw that the top prices were something like $400 and paused... and paused... nope, I'm not gonna do it and got cheap lawn seats instead.
Date: September 12, 2022 03:55PM
RAMd®d
[www.tedeschitrucksband.com]

Got it, thanks. I saw the TT references above, but nobody referenced the B!

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 145
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020