advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Need an audio language translator app (zoom, phone, etc), particularly for Chinese Mandarin. Any suggestions?
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: September 12, 2022 11:30AM
I'm looking for both an iPhone and Mac app solution for this:

I'm starting to work with a Shanghai-based team, and we're doing zoom, WeChat calls, and lots of WeChat texts. Currently, I can only copy text into a separate Google Translate app, and then type out my response and paste it back into the text field. I text 99% of the time through my Mac (not iPhone) with all text apps, but I'd like to get an app for both the Mac and iOS.

I definitely don't want the solutions that require a live translator, only looking for software accuracy, which will be enough.

Thanks for any ideas and experiences.

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Ventura 13.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs M1 2020 13" MBAir (256G 8G)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Need an audio language translator app (zoom, phone, etc), particularly for Chinese Mandarin. Any suggestions?
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: September 12, 2022 12:20PM
iPhones come with a Translate app. This will at least cover spoken-word.

If you have the shared clipboard going between devices, bob’s yer uncle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2022 12:22PM by Tiangou.
Re: Need an audio language translator app (zoom, phone, etc), particularly for Chinese Mandarin. Any suggestions?
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: September 12, 2022 05:37PM
Tiangou
iPhones come with a Translate app. This will at least cover spoken-word.

If you have the shared clipboard going between devices, bob’s yer uncle.

All these years, and I never had seen/opened up that app. I think that will work perfectly for the needs. Not sure how to share a clipboard between iPhone and Mac, but I'll check it out.

Also just discovered that both the iPhone and Mac version of WhatsApp has a right-click text translator built into it. Never saw that feature until a few minutes ago.

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Ventura 13.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs M1 2020 13" MBAir (256G 8G)
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: September 12, 2022 07:22PM
tuqqer
Not sure how to share a clipboard between iPhone and Mac, but I'll check it out.

[support.apple.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 143
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020