Posted by: Kate
Date: September 12, 2022 10:28PM
Well, Didja?

Kate
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Did Anyone Order a New iPhone?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 12, 2022 10:46PM
I think my wife is itching for one to replace her Xr. She will probably want the big one. I might get her a 14Plus.

I'm leaning to the 14Pro for me.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Dennis R
Date: September 12, 2022 11:02PM
Yes. I ordered the 14 Pro Max Purple 1 Terabyte. Estimated delivery October 17-24.
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: September 12, 2022 11:05PM
Yes. I ordered the 14 Pro Max Purple 1 Terabyte. Estimated delivery this Friday.
I am on the annual upgrade program.
Date: September 12, 2022 11:15PM
Oh good, I was beginning to think I was the only one.
14 Pro Max 512. Excited for the camera!
And purple of course!
Kate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2022 09:19AM by Kate.
Date: September 12, 2022 11:39PM
Oh, and I’m getting mine on Friday

Kate
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 13, 2022 01:27AM
14pro. purple.

i’ve had a 13 Pro Max since June and i decided it's just too damn big. trading in the 13 while its value is still high.

Also upgrading from an AW4 to the AW8. deal sealer was crash protection. OnStar has migrated that feature to a phone app which i have been paying $14 a month for. over four years, how long i’ve kept this AW 4, that would be $672. the cost of the watch. yes the feature is in the 14 but i’ve always been concerned that a crash would fling the phone out of reach.

and i bought my son AirPod Pros for his birthday. most of that was paid for by trading in my iMac.

got Apple stock. gotta goose the price a little.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2022 10:59AM by graylocks.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 13, 2022 06:44AM
I looked at the trade-in on my 13 Pro Max Plus Xtra Large and thought about it.

But I didn't do it.

Maybe get the spousal unit one for Christmas.
Posted by: testcase
Date: September 13, 2022 08:19AM
No

IF I see a KILLER deal to upgrade from my iPhone 11 Pro Max, I'll reconsider. Otherwise, said iP 11PM will easily "soldier on" for another year or two.

I bought the 11 Pro Max at an Apple store as I wanted an UNLOCKED phone. I chose the 512 GB capacity that, with AppleCare and tax was OVER $1500. Apple is offering something like $400 as a trade. Ridiculous. I get MUCH better trade in allowances from Samsung.
Posted by: d4
Date: September 13, 2022 08:40AM
Life is too damn short. If it brings you joy, get that new iPhone.

Posted by: Sam3
Date: September 13, 2022 09:11AM
I was on the yearly Apple Upgrade program, but didn't take advantage of it last year with the iP13, so when I went to pre-order the 14 last Friday, it put me in the cue as an upgrader, even though I was on the 23rd month of the contract. No way am I going to give up a 2 year old phone with nothing to show for it! So I paid off the the remaining loan amount, but by the time the loan got closed out, to be in the pre-order list I would have to wait until October.

I'm going to the store on Friday and stand in line to hopefully snag a purple iP14 Pro Max 1TB and restart the Upgrade program.

The reason I didn't upgrade last year was because I fell in love with the 12's picture quality, and the blue case. I wanted to keep the phone as a backup camera.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: modelamac
Date: September 13, 2022 09:11AM
Wife & I debated 2 weeks ago about waiting for the 14s to become available. We decided 13's were good enough and bought them. We tend to keep them 5 years or more unless one of them breaks something. The wife's iPhone 8 cellular service suddenly kept dropping out. that was the trigger to do something.

Ed (modelamac)

I think I will just put an OUT OF ORDER
sticker on my head and call it a day.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: September 13, 2022 09:32AM
My 2016 iPhone SE still works. When the apps I want to use become incompatible, I’ll trade up.
That philosophy is what got me 9 years of use out of my Mac Plus before I upgraded.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: September 13, 2022 11:38AM
modelamac
Wife & I debated 2 weeks ago about waiting for the 14s to become available. We decided 13's were good enough and bought them.

I feel like I'm the only one that actually ordered a regular iPhone 14. We had to get something because my wife's 64GB iPhone 11 has been full for too long. With Verizon's $800 trade-in value on the 11 for the 14, vs $600 on the 11 for the 13, it made the 14 the cheaper option.

Although I really hate that the trade in value is split over 36 months and if you want to upgrade earlier, you forfeit the rest of the trade-in value.

But yea, the differences are so minor (crash detection and emergency satellite communication), that the iPhone 13 really is just as good a choice. I prefer the bold colors on the iPhone 13 too vs the wimpy pastel colors the iPhone 14 got.

For myself, I'll probably stick with my 12 Pro Max for another year or so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2022 11:40AM by Gareth.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 13, 2022 01:13PM
If somebody will **please** just give me $1100 for a pristine iP5s (OK, the battery is pretty weak), I'll be able to get a iP14 Pro (in purple, of course).... otherwise I'll probably work on upgrading the iPXr next week thru normal channels. Lotsa family health crises to deal with now; new 'phone has gotta wait its turn.
==
Posted by: Michael
Date: September 13, 2022 01:58PM
We have 12 mini's that have 2 months to go to finish the T-Mobile payoff. When that's done we'll trade them IF T-Mobile is still willing to give us $800 for the trade over 2 years. That, of course, would make the 14 free (maybe except tax?) and the 14 Pro $200. Both of our phones have small scratches because I believed the Apple stuff about the 12's having stronger displays with the ceramic screen. After those I put screen protectors on them and I'd do that with new phones, as well.
Posted by: fauch
Date: September 13, 2022 04:54PM
I am very happy with my 11...
Posted by: freeradical
Date: September 13, 2022 06:34PM
S. Pupp
My 2016 iPhone SE still works. When the apps I want to use become incompatible, I’ll trade up.
That philosophy is what got me 9 years of use out of my Mac Plus before I upgraded.

That's what I'm currently using as well. This phone will not receive any more iOS updates, so it's on its final legs. I'm probably going to get a 13 mini or something.
Posted by: Spiff
Date: September 14, 2022 06:49AM
fauch
I am very happy with my 11...

But ours goes to Eleven….
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020