advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
sanguine?!....Ferrari reveals new Purosangue, its 1st ever 4 door SUV like sports car.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 13, 2022 04:48PM
.....today.....

Ferrari just revealed its first-ever 4-door model, a high-riding and powerful sports car called the Purosangue

Ferrari's new Purosangue is a four-door model with SUV-like proportions powered by a 715-horsepower V-12 engine.

The Purosangue, Italian for "thoroughbred," is Ferrari's first-ever production four-door model.

The new model will give Ferrari's clients an upscale alternative to rivals like the Porsche Cayenne when deliveries begin next year.

....Ferrari on Tuesday revealed its new Purosangue, the 75-year-old sports car maker's first-ever four-door production vehicle.

The Purosangue looks like an SUV, akin to other luxury sports SUVs from brands like Porsche and Maserati. But despite its size, shape and higher stance, the company insists that the Purosangue – which means "thoroughbred" in Italian – is a sports car, designed from the ground up as a true Ferrari.

The Purosangue may not have a traditional Ferrari shape, but it will sound like a Ferrari. The new model is powered by a 6.5-liter, 715-horsepower V-12 engine that is mounted behind the front axle, rather than over it as with most SUVs and crossovers.

Ferrari said the location of the engine – and of the Purosangue's transaxle, mounted at the rear – distributes the vehicle's weight almost evenly among the four wheels, improving its handling.

While Ferrari is best known for its two-seat sports cars, the company has been building four-seaters since the early 1960s, and all-wheel-drive models since the FF coupe was introduced in 2011. But even Ferrari admits the Purosangue moves the storied brand into new territory.

The Purosangue will start at 390,000 euros ($389,000) in Italy, Ferrari said, making it the company's second most expensive production model behind the 440,000-euro SF90 hybrid sports car.

Deliveries will begin in the second quarter of 2023 in Europe, in the third quarter in the United States, and by the end of next year in other global markets, the automaker said.

Despite its hefty starting price, the Purosangue is likely to be popular with Ferrari's affluent clients.

Rival Porsche's two SUVs, the Cayenne and Macan, together accounted for about 55% of Porsche's production in 2021. But Ferrari won't let the Purosangue get quite that popular: The company plans to limit production of the Purosangue to no more than 20% of its total annual output, or only about 3,000 units per year.

4......door..................?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: sanguine?!....Ferrari reveals new Purosangue, its 1st ever 4 door SUV like sports car.....
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: September 13, 2022 05:43PM
5 times the price of a Model Y, 3 times the price of a Model X and it's slower to 60. Not bad looking though. I'd still go with a Tesla. I guess if your kids are REALLY late for soccer practice that 194mph top speed might be handy.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2022 05:44PM by ztirffritz.
Re: sanguine?!....Ferrari reveals new Purosangue, its 1st ever 4 door SUV like sports car.....
Posted by: Gareth
Date: September 13, 2022 05:51PM
ztirffritz
5 times the price of a Model Y, 3 times the price of a Model X and it's slower to 60.

It'd be great if, for the last hurrah of ICE, manufacturers brought back the manual transmission for driver engagement, since they just can't compete on pure speed with the EV. Since the manual disappeared partly because dual clutch autos were faster, now that EV's are faster still, it makes sense to me to give us back the driver engagement!
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 13, 2022 06:25PM
Apples and oranges, comparing it to Teslas or any eV.

Practically speaking, it's an impractical car for anybody not having $3 of disposable income.

But that aside, I'd take it over any Tesla, because I'm not talking or caring about apples and oranges.

A V-12 is real music to my ears.

I haven't looked at the 0-60, 1/4mi, or the top end, but I imagine it's got enough speed to get me where I want to be.

It's not great looking to my eye, but overall much better looking than any Tesla.

I don't know if a four-door eV is in my future, but that Ferrari isn't.

The Tesla S could use some restyling, and I'd consider it.

But were a move to an eV a reasonable move for me, I'd be out scouring for a Volt, then maybe an Equinox.

Or stockpile some ramen and go for an Air, but that can get pricey quick.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: September 13, 2022 07:01PM
ICE is dead....it will be relegated to collectors (kinda like mechanical time pieces, whether you're talking about old discontinued or new production).
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 13, 2022 11:21PM
OMG its gorgeous! Looks to be replacement for the FF/GT4C, which I believe, was the inspriration for my Mazda3

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 14, 2022 09:51AM
A Ferrari Station Wagon !!!!
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 14, 2022 12:57PM
"Purosangue" = Pure Blood?

cbelt3
A Ferrari Station Wagon !!!!

Worse: A hatchback.
Posted by: kj
Date: September 14, 2022 02:04PM
Why oh why must people have SUVs. Anyway, they have to do it, and I think like me, they have wondered why for too long.

I agree ICE will only be for hobbyists, enthusiasts. Maybe hydrogen cars will be for the enthusiasts. Also agree with the manual gearbox. Goes along with ICE perfectly.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 14, 2022 10:26PM
A useless amount of "cargo area."
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 15, 2022 07:14AM
Shooting brake.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 137
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020