advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
It's a beautiful day - highs in the mid 70s - hard to believe that a week ago it was 116º
Posted by: hal
Date: September 14, 2022 03:32PM
It is a PERFECT DAY today. Light wispy clouds, breezes blowing the fire smoke someplace else and it's cool - 72º right now at 2PM. This is what early fall should be like.

Last week is beginning to feel like fantasy - did that really happen?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: It's a beautiful day - highs in the mid 70s - hard to believe that a week ago it was 116º
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: September 14, 2022 03:46PM
A Cape Cod day...
Re: It's a beautiful day - highs in the mid 70s - hard to believe that a week ago it was 116º
Posted by: btfc
Date: September 14, 2022 03:49PM
Similar weather here in central Oregon.

The Cedar Creek fire is about 30 mi. to the north; yesterday I was in heavy smoke most of the day, but today isn’t as bad.

[ktvz.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2022 04:03PM by btfc.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: September 14, 2022 03:54PM

Edit:

I have officially joined the “.” group.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2022 03:55PM by S. Pupp.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 14, 2022 04:19PM
Walked out of my office at the end of the work day yesterday and it took a few minutes to realize that it was actually a pleasant evening. Took me quite by surprise.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 14, 2022 04:55PM
Yes! Another week of summer!! No frost in the forecast!!!

btfc
Similar weather here in central Oregon.

The Cedar Creek fire is about 30 mi. to the north; yesterday I was in heavy smoke most of the day, but today isn’t as bad.

[ktvz.com]

A few days ago we drove by a fire scene in Jasper National Park, Alberta where we could see where fire burned over at least four mountain sides. It was mostly out but still smoldering and they were intentionally burning back in places even while helicopters were doing water drops in other places. Although very impressive, it was odd to see blackened mountain sides after all the others that we saw were green (except beyond the tree line). In a few years they will be green again but without the trees. We did not hear the cause. The city of Jasper was running on generators because the power was cut in case power lines were caught in the fires. We had smoke as we drove all the way east to home where this morning the sun was barely burning through the high smoke.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: September 14, 2022 05:38PM
We had a high of 68° today and an AQI of only 235 so far, which is far better than the 680 we had on Monday. Our overnight lows should be in the upper 20's by the weekend, which means I have to start putting a heater in out camper van on the cold nights.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: September 14, 2022 06:23PM
Today was great outside and I was so much pain I just couldn't get out for more than an hour, 78 and low humidity. Bummer. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

Grateful11
Posted by: hal
Date: September 14, 2022 06:48PM
Markintosh
We had a high of 68° today and an AQI of only 235 so far, which is far better than the 680 we had on Monday. Our overnight lows should be in the upper 20's by the weekend, which means I have to start putting a heater in out camper van on the cold nights.

Too bad - just south of you the air has been CLEAN for 3 days. All of the west shore of Tahoe has been perfectly clean until today - that nasty air is creeping in from the north.

I keep this Purple air page open 365/24/7: [map.purpleair.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 159
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020