advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Oh dear. “Vibrating Butt Toys Are Exactly What Chess Needs”
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 15, 2022 03:56PM
…is the title of this piece in Rolling Stone, unpacking what has the chess world in a tizzy. Wunderkind Magnus Carlsen, current world champ, coming off a 53-0 run, was beaten by a tenth-ranked competitor (Hans Niemann) in a recent tournament, and promptly withdrew from said tournament (unprecedented!) for vague reasons that led some to believe his opponent cheated.

So, how do you cheat in face-to-face chess? Use a computer, which are now better than humans. And how do you do so undetected?

Here’s one way:

This summer, U.K. programmer James Stanley unveiled “Sockfish,” an amusing system he’d engineered for cheating with his feet: a special shoe insert allowed him to tap out his opponent’s moves, which were sent to a small Raspberry Pi Zero computer in his pocket. The Pi then sent back an optimal move to his shoe in a series of vibrations.

One popular theory about the latest dust-up go even…umm…deeper

Yup, vibrating anal beads:

Hoo boy. Kids Chess wunderkinds these days!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2022 03:58PM by pdq.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Oh dear. “Vibrating Butt Toys Are Exactly What Chess Needs”
Posted by: fauch
Date: September 15, 2022 05:36PM
pdq
unpacking what has the chess world in a tizzy.

I don't know if this was deliberate or not, but "Tizzy" means a$$ in Arabic...
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 15, 2022 06:53PM
cocky supervillian

smiley-laughing001

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 16, 2022 07:36AM
....no butts....about it.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 16, 2022 09:12AM
I'm trying to come up with something clever to say... but "anal beads" wins just about every time!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: September 16, 2022 09:18AM
“Vibrating Butt Toys Are Exactly What Chess Needs”

I agree. A little creative cheating adds excitement. Like stealing a playbook or banging garbage can lids to secretly coach from the sidelines or under/over inflating your balls or faking an injury or strategically using petroleum jelly or cork or nitrogen gas. Football and baseball and soccer are boring without cheating. Chess, too.

And they need loud cheerleaders.

And cosplay.

And themed snacks.

And rock music.

And audience participation.

And bonus games with both rewards and penalties.

And a random element like a “blue shell” that can throw the game into chaos at the last moment.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 16, 2022 02:38PM
....butt.....play can be.....under.....rated/overlooked....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 161
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020