advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
SiriusXM fees
Posted by: wurm
Date: September 21, 2022 12:08PM
They want me back. I've been ignoring their offers for a year, but just received their $5/mo offer locked in for two years, paid monthly. At least I wouldn't have to think about it for another year and 11 months. But it still annoys me that it's really not $5./mo. So my question for those who subscribe is just how much do they charge for those fees and taxes that apply?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: SiriusXM fees
Posted by: SteveO
Date: September 21, 2022 12:25PM
My bill shows $1.28 "music royalty fee" and tax of about .65 on a $5.99/mo plan. I need to go on chat to get the $5 deal, though...keep forgetting!
Posted by: Michael
Date: September 21, 2022 01:18PM
I did a $5 a month for a year deal in the spring and there was $12.84 added. So, $1.07 a month in fees for me.

As an aside, we have now subscribed to Apple One and have decided that the Apple Music radio stations do a good job. I probably won't renew SiriusXM because of that. It is nicer having stations on SiriusXM that are available at the push of a button. Apple Music will be a bit more work to use in the car.
Posted by: D. Lawson
Date: September 21, 2022 03:24PM
Michael
I did a $5 a month for a year deal in the spring and there was $12.84 added. So, $1.07 a month in fees for me.

Same here, $60 for 12 months plus $12.84 for "U.S. Music Royalty Fee" and $5.68 in state and other taxes.
Posted by: Dubya
Date: September 21, 2022 04:00PM
How do they name the package you're buying?

And can it be accessed in both the car and on MacOS?

TIA
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: September 21, 2022 04:48PM
Hey Michael!
I love Apple Music radio stations. Posting just to say that regular radio is available on the music app, it does not require an Apple Music subscription.
Using Siri is an option too, real easy once one knows what to ask for.
Maybe you want to browse a little the Radio tab.
They promote their shows (which I think are great), but after that, they have stations based on style, mood, decades, etc.
Anyway…

[support.apple.com]

[support.apple.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2022 04:55PM by rich in distress.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 21, 2022 05:12PM
Dubya
How do they name the package you're buying?

And can it be accessed in both the car and on MacOS?

TIA

Yes. You can access SiriumXM on your Mac via your browser.

It is what it is.
Posted by: wurm
Date: September 21, 2022 08:10PM
rich in distress
Hey Michael!
I love Apple Music radio stations. Posting just to say that regular radio is available on the music app, it does not require an Apple Music subscription.
Using Siri is an option too, real easy once one knows what to ask for.
Maybe you want to browse a little the Radio tab.
They promote their shows (which I think are great), but after that, they have stations based on style, mood, decades, etc.
Anyway…

[support.apple.com]

[support.apple.com]

I just started learning about this a few hours ago. Looks like a very interesting possibility. Thanks.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 21, 2022 11:16PM
If you can stand the commercials, TuneIn Radio has hundreds (thousands?) of radio stations available for streaming.

Not just commercial stations. You can look up college radio stations too.
I do favor my local college station 90.1 KSYM, and listen while travelling.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: rz
Date: September 22, 2022 02:44PM
I paid about $500, 17 years ago for a lifetime subscription to XM. No other extra fees. That works out to under $2.50/month right now. Every month that goes by, my per month amount decreases.
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: September 22, 2022 07:01PM
Cool!
I like TuneIn too, but I haven’t used it in a while.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020