advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Okay, an Apple Watch band question.
Posted by: wurm
Date: September 23, 2022 09:50PM
I bought the 40mm watch and am happy I did. When I ordered it, I chose the M/L Sport band and it's fine. (BTW, apparently with this new version SE, it no longer comes with the three piece band to effectively accommodate both sizes.) But I decided I wanted to also try the sport loop (Velcro-ish) band with my Apple Watch. I was not about to spend $49 on the Apple version, so I bought 3 knock-offs from a seller on ebay for $8.49. They arrived quickly and they're quite nice. But here's my question.

Because of the size of the watch itself, I could only find the bands in the S/M size. The longer M/L size were available only in the 44mm width. Because of the design of the band, it's still secure, but there's obviously less overlap of the strap. I thought it might be just because it's an aftermarket non-Apple band, but according to Apple's info:
The 40mm and 41mm cases work with band sizes 1–9; the 44mm and 45mm cases works with band sizes 1–12.

Well, according to Apple's own sizing guide, I have a size 10 wrist. That seems a bit short-sighted to me not to provide an option for a larger-wristed person who prefers a smaller sized watch case. But as I say, it's not just them. I was not able to find a longer band for a smaller Apple Watch anywhere. Maybe I just don't know how to search.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Okay, an Apple Watch band question.
Posted by: vicrock
Date: September 24, 2022 07:00AM
Have you looked on e-bay? There seems to be a huge selection there - I've bought several and have been satisfied. Of course, I've not looked for what you are seekein - so YMMV.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 24, 2022 07:27AM
vicrock
Have you looked on e-bay? There seems to be a huge selection there - I've bought several and have been satisfied. Of course, I've not looked for what you are seekein - so YMMV.

Seems so.

“so I bought 3 knock-offs from a seller on ebay for $8.49.”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Michael
Date: September 24, 2022 09:34AM
My wife bought these in S/M for her 40mm Series 4 and 6 watches. They also sell the M/L length for the 40mm watch (and they have both lengths for the larger watches, as well).

[www.amazon.com]

Edit: If you're looking for a velcro band in different sizes for 40mm watch, how about these: [www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2022 09:45AM by Michael.
Posted by: wurm
Date: September 24, 2022 09:56AM
Thanks, Michael. I had seen the first ones you linked, but not those velcro bands in the second link. That looks like a good option.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 122
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020