advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
of Epix proportion?!....'Epix' premium channel changing its name / Netflix cancels 'Grendel' [ Dark Horse comics ] before it even debuTTs.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 28, 2022 04:36PM
.....Epix changing to 'MGM+'.......

.....Netflix pulls a 'Batgirl' and cancels 'Grendel' before it premieres.....all filming has been completed only post production left......

EPIX Is Changing Its Name to MGM+

....EPIX is getting an extreme makeover.

The premium cable network (which is also available as a standalone streaming service) will soon rebrand as MGM+. The name change will take effect on Sunday, Jan. 15, in conjunction with the Season 3 premiere of Forrest Whitaker crime drama Godfather of Harlem.

MGM is one of the most iconic and beloved brands from the golden age of entertainment,” MGM+ president Michael Wright said in statement Wednesday. “This rebrand is a promise to existing and new viewers that MGM+ is the place to find television that reflects and celebrates the legacy of the iconic MGM brand – cinematic programming with sophisticated storytelling that entertains, delights, surprises, and transports. MGM is television for movie lo....

name change...............?!

Grendel, Based on Dark Horse Comics, Not Moving Forward at Netflix

.....Netflix has nixed its Grendel comic book adaptation, one year after granting it an eight-episode series order.

Hailing from Supernatural co-showrunner Andrew Dabb and starring Abubakr Ali (Katy Keene) as the masked vigilante from the award-winning Matt Wagner/Dark Horse comic books, the series was to follow Hunter Rose, a gifted fencer, writer and assassin who, in seeking to avenge the death of a lost love, goes to war with New York’s criminal underworld. Except then he realizes, “Why beat them, when you can join them?”

Dabb served as writer and showrunner and exec-produced alongside Wagner, Dark Horse Entertainment’s Mike Richardson, Keith Goldberg and Chris Tongue.......

canceled.......before it even starts..................?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: of Epix proportion?!....'Epix' premium channel changing its name / Netflix cancels 'Grendel' [ Dark Horse comics ] before it even debuTTs.....
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 28, 2022 09:58PM
I remember enjoying the Grendel comic series very much, a very long time ago.

I do wonder, thought, if, out of Matt Wagner’s work, “Mage” might be better suited to today’s audience and times.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 135
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020