advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
new U-Line catalog
Posted by: Fritz
Date: October 01, 2022 08:45AM
800 + pages of things I'll never need and never ordered from them.
It must weight 2lbs.

!#$@@$#!

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: new U-Line catalog
Posted by: rgG
Date: October 01, 2022 08:54AM
I used to get those, too.
Why they waste so much money on bad mailing lists, I’ll never know.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 01, 2022 09:27AM
I used to work in a mailroom. I remember those catalogs and how much everything cost.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: October 01, 2022 09:45AM
I have ordered from them twice. I get those massive catalogs. So wasteful. If I order from you online, I probably don’t need your paper catalog.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Posted by: Michael
Date: October 01, 2022 09:58AM
I've gotten them for years. I haven't looked inside for years.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: October 01, 2022 09:58AM
I see you the size and weight of the ULine catalog, and raise you the insane frequency of the Oriental Trading catalog. I haven't ordered anything from them since pre-Katrina (I think our son's birthday in 2002) and they still send me multiple catalogs a month.

After Katrina, I had to contact a bunch of companies and etc. to give them my new address -- not Oriental Trading. I got catalogs from them -- with the same odd misspelling of my last name -- within a few months. smiling smiley

Posted by: Acer
Date: October 01, 2022 10:05AM
If you need more storage bins for your U-Line catalogs, well, you know where to find them.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: October 01, 2022 10:06AM
Likely to get this tossed to the other side, but...

"The company has been noted for COVID-19 pandemic-related controversies and the Uihleins' extensive political spending."

"Liz and Richard Uihlein are megadonors to conservative and Republican causes. The company and its employees have also extensively donated to conservative and Republican-affiliated political action committees; they were among the largest contributors to political campaigns during the 2020 election cycle, contributing over $31 million before June 2020."

"On March 13, 2020, amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Liz Uihlein wrote in an email to lawmakers that the severity of the virus was being exaggerated in the media: 'At what point do we go back to our normal lives? This has been a huge disruption.' She reiterated her skepticism about COVID-19 in a September 2020 interview. The company and the Uihlens pushed for a recall against Democratic Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers, citing his response to the pandemic.

"In November 2020, Liz Uihlein sent out a company-wide email in which she said she and Dick Uihlein had contracted COVID-19. In late February 2021, The Guardian reported the company had experienced an infection rate of 14% compared to an overall rate of 8.7% in Kenosha County, Wisconsin, where the company is headquartered"
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: October 01, 2022 10:33AM
Yeah, the Uhleins are horrid. Unfortunately, they had the solid wooden dolly I needed. And I looked hard for alternatives.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Posted by: Fritz
Date: October 01, 2022 10:45AM
yea, I knew they had a different take on reality than I.

But I did not know of their C19 experience.
They sure showed them Wissy lawmakers.!

oh well, 5h1t happens.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: October 01, 2022 10:49AM
DeusxMac
Likely to get this tossed to the other side, but...

"The company has been noted for COVID-19 pandemic-related controversies and the Uihleins' extensive political spending."

"Liz and Richard Uihlein are megadonors to conservative and Republican causes. The company and its employees have also extensively donated to conservative and Republican-affiliated political action committees; they were among the largest contributors to political campaigns during the 2020 election cycle, contributing over $31 million before June 2020."

"On March 13, 2020, amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Liz Uihlein wrote in an email to lawmakers that the severity of the virus was being exaggerated in the media: 'At what point do we go back to our normal lives? This has been a huge disruption.' She reiterated her skepticism about COVID-19 in a September 2020 interview. The company and the Uihlens pushed for a recall against Democratic Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers, citing his response to the pandemic.

"In November 2020, Liz Uihlein sent out a company-wide email in which she said she and Dick Uihlein had contracted COVID-19. In late February 2021, The Guardian reported the company had experienced an infection rate of 14% compared to an overall rate of 8.7% in Kenosha County, Wisconsin, where the company is headquartered"

Yeah, I stopped shopping with them some time back. Discovered we had a Grainger Supply within a short drive and go there instead.

Posted by: JoeH
Date: October 01, 2022 11:25AM
Only familiar with them since I used to occasionally order items from them for work. They were one of the few providers of that kind of mailing and shipping supplies on the state contract list. Another was OfficeMax, they got on the list just before merging with Office Depot. But they did not offer as wide of a supply of various shipping supplies or in the quantities available through U-Line.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: October 01, 2022 03:36PM
I think I finally got them stopped from sending us catalogs.

Grateful11
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 01, 2022 04:29PM
Sears
B.A. Pargh
NYC Phonebook
==
Posted by: pqrst
Date: October 02, 2022 12:43AM
Just so you know where the profits go.
[wisconsinexaminer.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJM
Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020