advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
online contact forms
Posted by: wurm
Date: October 03, 2022 12:01PM
I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but would love to be proven wrong.

If I fill out an online Contact Form on a company's website, is there (wouldn't it be great if there were) a way to have that show up in my Sent box as a sent email? Sometimes it would be nice to have a record of having sent it, if only to be sure it did in fact go out. Oftentimes, I'll just send the company an email with a question, but I figure there may be a reason they have a form and I have no problem using it if I can be certain hitting "Submit" actually worked. Sometimes after submitting an online query I'll get an acknowledgement, but not always.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: online contact forms
Posted by: clay
Date: October 03, 2022 12:13PM
Depends on the form tool and how the company set it up. It is usually trivial for forms to be set to send a copy to the submitter, but that isn't always done, probably for a variety of reasons. Not much you can do other than screenshot/copy paste text before submitting to grab a copy of your text. There's really no way for you to know if the form actually worked. Perhaps sometimes they don't, but I'd guess for most companies, the forms should work.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: October 03, 2022 12:46PM
Usually they send a receipt confirmation.

"We received you request for information on Monday 10/3/22, at 11:00 PST. Someone will reach out to you in 1-2 days...blah blah blah."

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: modelamac
Date: October 03, 2022 05:02PM
Just take a screenshot of the completed form(s), or print the page(s) to pdf after completion. You will then label and file that for the future. Often you are asked to create a User name and Password in that process, so making a copy helps your memory.

Ed (modelamac)

I think I will just put an OUT OF ORDER
sticker on my head and call it a day.
Posted by: wurm
Date: October 03, 2022 05:58PM
modelamac
Just take a screenshot of the completed form(s), or print the page(s) to pdf after completion. You will then label and file that for the future. Often you are asked to create a User name and Password in that process, so making a copy helps your memory.

Yes, I often do that, usually just to help me remember what exactly I wrote. But if I forgot to do that before I hit that Submit button, d'oh!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 444
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020