advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
need an spreadsheet loan template
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 17, 2022 11:01AM
Trying to find a spreadsheet template for loan amortization. However, I need one that will allow for occasional extra principal payments of varying amounts. Everything I can find assumes you are going to make the extra principal payments every single time, that is not what I need.

Any suggestions?

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2022 11:02AM by Ombligo.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: need an spreadsheet loan template
Posted by: lost in space
Date: October 17, 2022 01:21PM
I put together that very thing in excel a while back. PM me your email addy and I'll send it.

Posted by: LyleH
Date: October 17, 2022 04:11PM
This link describes some free spreadsheets that allow for Extra Payments. [www.mtgprofessor.com]

Click the Extra Payments link (heading) that seems to do what you want and you can then download it.

My daughter is using the Extra Payments on Monthly Payment Fixed-Rate Mortgages spreadsheet and it works for her. However, seems like my posts are usually screwed up - YMMV - Lyle
Posted by: mattkime
Date: October 18, 2022 08:50AM
Even at current interest rates, you're probably best off a) making sure your rainy day fund is fully funded b) you're maxing out any tax advantaged retirement funds before paying down a mortgage.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Dik2 , DP , JoeH , Mr645 , Sam3
Guests: 130
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020