advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Happy Birthday John Belushi (Bandwidth blah blah blah)
Posted by: MacMagus
Date: January 24, 2006 12:26PM

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Happy Birthday John Belushi (Bandwidth blah blah blah)
Posted by: brofoski
Date: January 24, 2006 02:44PM
He could have been here to celebrate with us, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: January 24, 2006 02:52PM
A face anyone could love. I still miss that guy. I lived for SNL in 70's.

Grateful11
Posted by: joycee
Date: January 24, 2006 08:53PM
He's always been one of my favorites.

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´How about if you greased them up first? Are chihuahua's cooperative pack hunters? ~TheCaber
Posted by: incognegro
Date: January 25, 2006 08:24AM
[en.wikipedia.org]

The 1981 Halloween episode aired on October 31st with Donald Pleasence and musical guest FEAR. By personal favor/request from Fear fan John Belushi the band performed because Belushi promised them a spot after they failed to make the final cut (movie studio refusal) as musical composers in his movie 1941. The band proceeded to play offensive music and bussed in "dancers" (many were in well-known East Coast punk acts). The band used obscene language and the dancers destroyed the set with slam dancing on the stage. The end result was Fear were banned from playing and their actual performance was cut short; as they played "Let's Have a War" the audio and video cut to commercial.

* In an interview with the drummer from Fear Spit Stix, Stix explained Belushi hadn't been on SNL for years, but "for the show that we were on, he did make an appearance. In the beginning, he's at the urinal and he turns around to the camera, 'Live! From New York!' That was a favor he did for us because during rehearsal some of our crowd - bussed-in slamdancers - tripped over a cable or something, and the union people didn't want any dancers. So as a trade-off, he went up to Grant Tinker's office for us and said, 'I'll make an appearance on the show if the dancers stay.' John was such a generous guy."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 148
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020