advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
half hearted?!.....Domino’s offers 50% off all pizzas for a week.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 14, 2022 09:52PM
.....this week.....no coupon needed (offer is available at Domino's website).....

Domino’s Offers 50% Off All Menu Priced Pizzas Ordered Online Through November 20, 2022

....Domino’s is running a new promotion where they’re offering half off all menu-priced pizzas ordered online from November 14 through November 20, 2022.

To take advantage of the offer, simply order any size pizza on any crust, with any toppings online and you’ll qualify for half off the regular menu price.

The special pricing deal is being made by Domino’s as a way to say thank you to its customers during “National Gratitude Month.”

Domino’s 50% off deal is available on menu-priced pizzas ordered through Domino’s website (dominos.com) as well as Domino’s AnyWare ordering platforms, including through Google Home, Alexa, Slack and Facebook Messenger at participating locations nationwide for a limited time through November 20, 2022.

National Gratitude Month is celebrated annually in the US in November.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2022 10:01PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: half hearted?!.....Domino’s offers 50% off all pizzas for a week.....
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 14, 2022 11:18PM
Thanks for posting this. I have a friend that is throwing a birthday party for a kid and this will save them a bunch.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Paul F.
Date: November 15, 2022 09:52AM
So, they lose 50% on every sale, but they'll make it up on volume?

Works for me! Pizza for dinner tonight! (and probably tomorrow night, and the next night...)

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: JoeH
Date: November 15, 2022 10:18AM
Paul F.

Works for me! Pizza for dinner tonight! (and probably tomorrow night, and the next night...)

Considering the markup on each pizza over the cost of ingredients, they probably are still making money on each one. Just not quite as much. Since this is a national promotion, part of the cost for it is being carried by Domino's, not just by the franchise.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 15, 2022 10:57AM
Paul F.

My theory is based on my own experience. I used to think Domino's was not very tasty pizza. They must have changed the ingredients because the sauce taste better now. I discovered this because of a 50% off promotion. They are on my list of pizzas for potential gatherings now.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: JoeH
Date: November 15, 2022 11:32AM
pRICE cUBE
I used to think Domino's was not very tasty pizza. They must have changed the ingredients because the sauce taste better now. I discovered this because of a 50% off promotion. They are on my list of pizzas for potential gatherings now.

They totally revamped their recipes back in 2010, mainly because many other people had the same opinion about their taste then. There was a bi marketing campaign to announce the change. I have to admit there was a considerable improvement in taste and texture after that. That moved Domino's from, "meh it's pizza" to pretty good for the price.

I do have a local pizzeria or two that I go to when I want a really good pizza, but that costs quite a bit more. Will have to see how one works out, the family that owns it is selling it to a new owner at the beginning fo next year.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: November 15, 2022 01:31PM
Yeah, what Joe said...
Dominoes did some surveys, and found out that people's opinion of their pizza was "it's crap, but, hey, they deliver, so we put up with it"... They decided to change that.
I remember in the early 90's, they were AWFUL... Since 2015 or so, they've been decent. Not "great" pizza, but, decent..

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 15, 2022 02:09PM
I've not had it in at least 20 years, but I did read that some folks really like their "thin crust" pizza or something to that effect. One interesting aspect of a place like Domino's is that they can offer different crust options.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: November 15, 2022 04:39PM
They have a decent Hawaiian pizza.

Grateful11
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 15, 2022 05:00PM
I remember in the early 90's, they were AWFUL... Since 2015 or so, they've been decent. Not "great" pizza, but, decent..

I'd say since 2010, but otherwise am in complete agreement.

I really do like their Medium (12') pan pizza with three toppings.

It used to be $7.99 with a coupon, but now it's around $11.99 with said coupon.

I got an email for a $7.99 one topping, large pie, so I'll have one of those.

But thin crust is the work of the devil — pizza on a cracker isn't pizza.

The pan pizza has a double layer of cheese, and the slice bends under the weight of cheese, sausage, pepperoni, and black olives, with stretchy tendrils of tasty Motz as one pulls the slice away.

This is just as God intended.

For me the needle leans a little more towards 'Great' than 'Decent'.

I can get a better pan pizza, but it's a ways away and is cooled down a bit more than I tolerate for takeaway.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 15, 2022 06:39PM
The crusty gauntlet has been thrown!

Pan pizza is for drunk footballers and poor college students forced to eat the swill that their local watering hole serves up. It also contributes to global warming by occupying valuable freezer space in upper Midwest supermarkets. The boxes they are packaged with are often just as tasty and sometimes eatenalong with the inside "product."
Posted by: PeterB
Date: November 15, 2022 10:57PM
I used to be a Domino doubter, but after getting a few of their specialty pizzas and some combinations of my own***, I'm a believer.

*** I like combining the chicken with either their white, garlic, or barbecue sauce and either cheddar or provolone.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 92
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020