advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone considering downgrading from Apple One?
Posted by: DavidS
Date: November 15, 2022 11:54AM
We've had Apple One for the last year or so and find the bundle convenient, especially having the 2TB or iCloud+ storage. However, with the upcoming price increase, I'm thinking of "unbundling."

We can get AppleTV+ for free from T-Mobile. I get weekly offers for free Apple Music for 6 months from SiriusXM (need to check if that is only for brand new Apple Music accounts). We do not really use Arcade, News, or Fitness. That would leave $10/month for the 2TB of storage.

I wonder how difficult/easy Apple makes it to do this, however.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone considering downgrading from Apple One?
Posted by: Gareth
Date: November 15, 2022 12:50PM
1 thing I noticed with the free Apple Music offers is that they are single user only (i.e. no family sharing).

The free News offers I've used have always allowed sharing. I usually let them expire and then redeem another one which will be good for 1 month less than the offer (i.e. a "6" month offer is usually a 1 month trial for new customers + 5 free months. As a returning customer you don't get the free 1 month trial, so it's only good for 5 months). I haven't tried that with the other services yet to see how that works though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2022 12:50PM by Gareth.
Posted by: Michael
Date: November 15, 2022 12:53PM
We just started it a couple of months ago. Previously we were paying $10 for Apple News+, and 4 of us were spending $3 each for 200 GB of iCloud. We were getting Apple TV for free at the time and that expired but I could get it from T-Mobile for free. Then my wife discovered that she liked Fitness so for us it became a no-brainer to go to Apple One. Of course, we're not using the Fitness as much as we should but I'm still satisfied. We have SiriusXM and I'm surprised that they're offering Apple Music for free. Quite frankly I like Apple Music more than I do SiriusXM and so I probably won't re-subscribe at the $6+/month price I'm paying. So, for me, I'm considering that I'm going to save $75 or so a year on SiriusXM and so I'm satisfied with Apple One. It does look like it's very easy to quit; it was very easy for everybody to shift from their own iCloud to the shared version.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: November 15, 2022 06:54PM
I was a little unnerved by the announced price upgrade. I use Apple Music and ATV+ extensively, plus the extra storage. I have no need for the exercise or news part.

I have mentioned my strategy before. I have my Apple card applying 1, 2 and 3 percent credits to my Apple Cash card. Then I designated my Apple Cash card for payments for Apple One and other small things like movie rentals. Generally speaking, I make enough purchases on my Apple card each month to generate enough credits to cover the Apple bill. My wife never sees the bill. Happy wife, happy life.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: November 16, 2022 05:17AM
We use all pieces of it so it’s still a great deal for us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 391
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020