advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I feel compelled to note the Vikings game
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 21, 2022 09:07AM
The ViQueens were coming off an incredible comeback win in Buffalo last week to make it to 8-1, and the this-year-lowly Packers had just dispatched the Cowboys at Lambeau. Now the ‘boys had to go into the Vikes home field, and it was CBS’ “Game of the Week”. What would happen?

Oh. Dear. God. Forty to 3 over the home team, and it wasn’t really that close. Worst loss ever (in 60+ years!) for the Vikes at home.

How bad was it? In the third quarter, CBS decided to abandon the [nationally-televised] game and switch over to a regional one that the announcer dryly noted “might be more competitive”.

cry smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I feel compelled to note the Vikings game
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 21, 2022 09:09AM
I was also surprised by the result but in a happy way.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Michael
Date: November 21, 2022 09:25AM
My poor wife lives and dies by the Vikings. Last week when it looked like they were going to lose she was bemoaning the anticipated loss and I told her that the Bills needed to fumble and the Vikings recover in the end zone for a touchdown in the last seconds of regulation time. And it happened. Then came the win in overtime.

I was the hero.

Until yesterday when she called it done at halftime and I told her that they were down by 14 at halftime last week and came back and won. And they can certainly come back from being down by 20 at halftime against the Cowboys yesterday. And, of course, they didn't do nothin' for the rest of the game. I forgot that the Vikings had to actually play the game of football.

She'll never believe me again--I had my moment and it's gone.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: November 21, 2022 09:35AM
This is a reminder to packer fans that even a losing season has some highlights.

Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 21, 2022 09:58AM
Michael
My poor wife lives and dies by the Vikings. Last week when it looked like they were going to lose she was bemoaning the anticipated loss and I told her that the Bills needed to fumble and the Vikings recover in the end zone for a touchdown in the last seconds of regulation time. And it happened. Then came the win in overtime.

I was the hero.

Until yesterday when she called it done at halftime and I told her that they were down by 14 at halftime last week and came back and won. And they can certainly come back from being down by 20 at halftime against the Cowboys yesterday. And, of course, they didn't do nothin' for the rest of the game. I forgot that the Vikings had to actually play the game of football.

She'll never believe me again--I had my moment and it's gone.

The hero can easily become the villain on any given Sunday.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: mattkime
Date: November 21, 2022 10:21AM
Date: November 21, 2022 11:12AM
Ooh, ouch, mattkime. That’s low (but sadly entirely true).
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 21, 2022 11:28AM
pRICE cUBE
I was also surprised by the result but in a happy way.

Me too! I fully expected the Cows to choke!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Ammo
Date: November 21, 2022 11:57AM
I think many Vkings fans were expecting something like this to happen. But now the planets are back in alignment and once again life feels more predictable.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 21, 2022 12:33PM
Ammo
I think many Vkings fans were expecting something like this to happen. But now the planets are back in alignment and once again life feels more predictable.

This^. The Vikings have gotten nothing but lucky breaks this season. Whatever they did came up smelling like roses until yesterday. The Cowboy’s game better reflects the capabilities of the Vikings more than their record. They’ll be one and done in the playoffs. These Vikings are not the quality team that they were in any number of past seasons.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 21, 2022 12:40PM
Speedy
Ammo

This^. The Vikings have gotten nothing but lucky breaks this season. Whatever they did came up smelling like roses until yesterday. The Cowboy’s game better reflects the capabilities of the Vikings more than their record. They’ll be one and done in the playoffs. These Vikings are not the quality team that they were in any number of past seasons.

It's encouraging to hear that sort of analysis surrendersince the Pats have to travel there on Thursday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2022 12:44PM by RgrF.
Posted by: btfc
Date: November 21, 2022 01:59PM
My rabid Viking fan friend has been bashing Kirk Cousins all season.
Date: November 22, 2022 10:33AM
Well, for much of the first part of the season, the only teams they had beaten were those with losing records.

I mean, as a long-suffering Vikings fan, it’s mainly been a fun, entertaining season, which is nice. But you can’t have Cousins dropping straight back and then leisurely looking around for someone to throw to. Not with that offensive line.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 22, 2022 01:06PM
The team coming in to play them has an offensive line that's at least it's equal. On average the Pats QB is getting sacked 4-5 times a game and they just lost their starting center.

If you're a gambler take the under for this match-up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 366
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020