advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
"free" AppleTV+ with new Apple hw purchase - how do I not screw this up?
Posted by: gabester
Date: December 19, 2022 08:02AM
I am in a position where I touch a lot of Apple devices. However, I have only ever seen a free AppleTV offer come up once. I know it's tied to an AppleID account, so the fact that I am using different AppleID accounts (personal vs professional/managed the latter I think are ineligible for free AppleTV+) I'm sure plays a part.

A new piece of Apple hardware has just been acquired in our family, and we would like to maybe see some AppleTV+ content over the holidays. If my AppleID has previously redeemed a free 3 month deal from a new piece of hardware, am I able to do so again? Or should I have someone else use their AppleID?

I did come across this Macworld article which suggests it's as simple as signing into a new device with an AppleID... and given that across the Apple devices I touch I don't usually use a personal AppleID that might explain why I've only seen it the one time?

g=

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2022 08:05AM by gabester.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "free" AppleTV+ with new Apple hw purchase - how do I not screw this up?
Posted by: datbeme
Date: December 19, 2022 08:50AM
The easiest way to not screw this up is to have someone else in the family sign in with an Apple ID, but it probably won't work if that ID is part of your family sharing. We pay for it, but I once canceled when my wife got a new device and kept getting notices that she qualified for a free year. I don't remember exactly what happened, but it didn't end up working.
Posted by: Acer
Date: December 19, 2022 09:02AM
I got the free year with an iPhone, but for my MBP M1 last December I was not offered any AppleTV+ deals.
Posted by: gabester
Date: December 19, 2022 10:24AM
Acer
I got the free year with an iPhone, but for my MBP M1 last December I was not offered any AppleTV+ deals.

I was two weeks too late to get around to signing up for the free year with an iPhone I bought literally 5 days before the qualifying period for that 1 year deal. That was frustrating. I've since used the 3 months sign up, and the implication is that you get 3 months with new Apple hardware but it seems you need to redeem on different AppleIDs as each AppleID might only be eligible for single AppleTV+ promotion...

g=
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 19, 2022 04:32PM
I got three months with a iPad or phone, not sure which.

You need to sign in with the account that the device is associated with, then it is automatic.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: Michael
Date: December 19, 2022 08:53PM
I had some free Apple TV time with my iPhone. After that ended I tried to do the free Apple TV from T-Mobile offer and I got a notice back that since I had done a free offer than any other offers were not valid. So, I'd try having somebody else sign up for the free offer.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: December 20, 2022 10:32AM
I had free for 18 months. One year for buying an AppleTV and then they extended by six months. I'm on three months free now, can't remember why.

Grateful11
Posted by: iaJim
Date: December 20, 2022 09:58PM
When I tried to get free months, I found that it was only for new subscribers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 375
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020