advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Prayers for Damar Hamlin, Bills player
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 02, 2023 08:15PM
Buffalo Bills player Damar Hamlin collapsed on the field. For more than 10 minutes, CPR and Oxygen was being administered. He was removed by ambulance.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Prayers for Damar Hamlin, Bills player
Date: January 02, 2023 08:17PM
The game has been suspended, teams are leaving the field.

Players look devastated

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: D-Rod
Date: January 02, 2023 08:39PM
Prayers he will be ok.

Formerly known as Dennis R
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 02, 2023 08:53PM
No one knows except that he was not responsive to on field CPR. Disgusting vermin are crawling out from under their rocks already and blaming this on vaccinations over on social media sites.
Posted by: August West
Date: January 02, 2023 08:54PM
As a former, much lesser player, and as a sentient human, I feel very sorry about this, naturally. But I can't help but note the commentators going on about how football is not important and only the player is. I'm feeling contempt and irony listening to that misdirection. FYI, I just tuned in while surfing channels, so I haven't experienced the build up to the current proclamations.

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2023 08:55PM by August West.
Date: January 02, 2023 08:56PM
Game is off. They're removing equipment from the field. No official announcement yet.
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 02, 2023 09:04PM
Ombligo
Buffalo Bills player Damar Hamlin collapsed on the field. For more than 10 minutes, CPR and Oxygen was being administered. He was removed by ambulance.

Prayers up for that young man.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 02, 2023 09:07PM
vision63
Ombligo

Prayers up for that young man.

Same.
Date: January 02, 2023 09:28PM
During the reportage, it was said that not only was he unresponsive after 9 minutes of CPR but was being transported to the only major trauma facility in the Cincinatti area.

How is this possibly accurate, a major metro city with only ONE major trauma unit?
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 02, 2023 09:43PM
I am going to assume this situation is pretty bad because NFL players typically don't get too upset about injuries.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Date: January 02, 2023 09:45PM
That is the only Level 1 trauma center in the Cincinnati area, there are 12 in Ohio.

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 02, 2023 10:53PM
Oh this is NOT good.

FWIW.. I survived my traumatic brain injury, CPR, and being defibrillated three times. There is always hope. Level 1 trauma centers are full of true miracle workers.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 03, 2023 01:31AM
ESPN is reporting that the player suffered cardiac arrest. He is 24 years of age.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: January 03, 2023 07:17AM
If you get hit in the chest at the right time, it can stop your heart. I keep hearing this idea as a reason this happened. Prayers for this poor young man to make a full recovery. I feel awful for everyone who saw that, too.
Date: January 03, 2023 08:53AM
reports are that his vitals are now normal although he has been sedated so that a breathing tube could be inserted.

Posted by: macphanatic
Date: January 03, 2023 11:08AM
RecipeForDisaster
If you get hit in the chest at the right time, it can stop your heart. I keep hearing this idea as a reason this happened. Prayers for this poor young man to make a full recovery. I feel awful for everyone who saw that, too.

Hence why many Little League groups implemented mandatory use of heart guards for pitchers.
Posted by: DavidS
Date: January 03, 2023 11:56AM
I spent three of the hardest years of my life training at University of Cincinnati Medical Center (Internal Medicine Residency). Their Cardiology department is fantastic and definitely under-rated. Several of my former classmates/colleagues work there and some are Cardiologists. I have no doubt that he will get excellent care, but it's really up to his body and brain at this point. Prayers sent.
Posted by: hal
Date: January 03, 2023 02:03PM
It was pointed out on twitter last night that Chris Pronger of the NHL had this same injury from a slapshot hitting his chest. He also collapsed, required CPR and hospitalization, but recovered and played another 12 years of hall of fame level hockey.

So excellent care can lead to a full recovery from this.
Posted by: hal
Date: January 03, 2023 02:06PM
A short video here will bring a tear to your eye: [twitter.com]

It shows Hamlin taking a moment to hug his mom on the sidelines (pregame or practice - not sure) on Nov 30. Look at the pride on that woman's face!

Wish them the best
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 168
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020