advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
US Mobile . . .?
Posted by: mspace
Date: January 17, 2023 05:13PM
Tasked with finding a cheaper phone plan for a friend - her and 2 kids (3 lines).

The only thing I'm finding for her area that's significantly less than what she's paying now ($107)
is Red Pocket and US Mobile.

Anybody have thoughts to share re: these 2 companies?

Thanks!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: US Mobile . . .?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 17, 2023 05:28PM
mspace
Tasked with finding a cheaper phone plan for a friend - her and 2 kids (3 lines).

The only thing I'm finding for her area that's significantly less than what she's paying now ($107)

Thanks!

My wife and I use redpocket which comes to about $20/month when we pay annually. I forget how much data we have 8GB/month? Can the kids be trained to monitor their data usage?

Anyway, the only problem one might have with the service is being on lower tier service. They now operate like the airline industry, prioritizing customers based on how much they pay. There have been a few occasions where I've had full bars but load nothing. I don't know thats whats happening but its my best explanation.

Date: January 17, 2023 05:35PM
The "kids" are young adults. I'm trying to get her last 6 months of statements from xfinity to see what the average use is for all of them.

While I can probably fit them into something cheaper (good), I am con corned about the lower quality service (bad).
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: January 17, 2023 05:59PM
mspace

Thanks!

I just switched to a pooled plan on US Mobile (Verizon) from Visible (Verizon)

$9/line for unlimited talk/text.

Data is in a shared pool for $2/GB...so my 5GB/month data pool is $10.

Doesn't roll over, but you can top-up if your kids use up that month's data.

Hotspot included on pooled plans.

Any changes to the data bucket take effect on the next billing date.

Taxes/fees here are only $0.48/line on a pooled plan.

So three lines here with that 5GB data would be (3 x $9.48) + $10 = $38.44.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2023 06:02PM by Bill in NC.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: January 17, 2023 06:09PM
three lines on Visible would be $90. how does their service break down on Xfinity? Not all lines on Xfinity have to have the same plan. for the most part i was fine on the $10 1GB a month plan which I think is now $15.

If you want to fix our country, work with us in the states. statesproject.org

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: January 17, 2023 09:23PM
Everything is unlimited for the xfinity account, all lines.
So far last month, 2 accounts used 2gb each, the third used 17gb.

I’m hoping to see what the six month average is to make some recommendations re: types of plans to keep each person happy.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: January 18, 2023 12:44AM
mspace

I’m hoping to see what the six month average is to make some recommendations re: types of plans to keep each person happy.

IIRC, unlimited with Xfinity is $45 and the 3 GB plan is $30. my memory must be off if you say their current total for 3 unlimited is $107 but my point is to check if there is anything to be gained by switching the lower data users to the by the gig plan.

If you want to fix our country, work with us in the states. statesproject.org

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: January 18, 2023 07:46AM
graylocks
mspace

IIRC, unlimited with Xfinity is $45 and the 3 GB plan is $30. my memory must be off if you say their current total for 3 unlimited is $107 but my point is to check if there is anything to be gained by switching the lower data users to the by the gig plan.

That’s what I’m looking at. Also want to make sure that I’m recommending ok companies, if they want to switch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 153
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020