advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Aptera Luna or Tesla Cybertruck: Which will populate the roads first?
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: January 30, 2023 07:58AM
Poll
First onto the roads: Aptera Luna or Telsa Cybertruck?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
18 votes were received.
Aptera Luna 3

17%
Tesla Cybertruck 6

33%
Neither 5

28%
Reply hazy, try again 4

22%
CowboyNeal is MAVIC 0

0%

These are vastly very different vehicles with very different priorities and serving very different demographics.

For those who have heard about these BEV's, make your guess which (if either) will make it first to get production vehicles onto the roads.

Aptera Luna

Tesla Cybertruck
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Aptera Luna or Tesla Cybertruck: Which will populate the roads first?
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: January 30, 2023 08:36AM
I like the Aptera, I hope they succeed. If I was still working, I’d get one assuming they have air conditioning. As it stands, I’ll probably get the Cybertruck.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 30, 2023 08:43AM
I'm still hoping for the Canoo to beat them both.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: freeradical
Date: January 30, 2023 08:48AM
They're both fugly.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: January 30, 2023 09:53AM
Best case scenario, Aptera's annual production will equal Cybertruck's weekly production. Cybertruck production is supposed to start this summer/fall (2023). The tooling is starting to be set up now and they just cut up some of the SpaceX Starship prototypes for raw materials (joking ;-0)

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 30, 2023 12:56PM
Cannot see myself getting either. Model Y or equivalent. Maybe a Mach-E after I remove the Mustang badging.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: January 30, 2023 01:08PM
I didn't vote, but I'm rooting for the Aptera. We are investors and have one on order. Whee!

bunny smileyCentral VA
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: January 30, 2023 01:09PM
How about...

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 30, 2023 01:24PM
I like the idea of the Aptera but it seems like driving one on the same road with a Cybertruck on autopilot has a chance to be a death sentence.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: wurm
Date: January 30, 2023 02:27PM
DeusxMac
How about...

What's that blue thang? Looks quite nice...though I'm sure unaffordable (for the masses).
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: January 30, 2023 02:49PM
wurm
DeusxMac
How about...

What's that blue thang? Looks quite nice...though I'm sure unaffordable (for the masses).

Tesla Model S Shooting Brake

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 30, 2023 03:32PM
Where can I get paid to design fugly cars?

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: gabester
Date: January 30, 2023 03:58PM
How I wish Americans hadn't broken for SUVs and minivans at the expense of solid wagons...

g=
Posted by: kj
Date: January 30, 2023 04:29PM
I was rooting for the Sono Sion, but it's not looking good. Hopefully they can use the tech in some useful way.

I don't think the Aptera is ugly, but it doesn't look like a car. People in the U.S. are too wussie to drive something that different, though. I don't think the Tesla looks good in any way. The other Teslas are fairly conservative designs, and have continued to look pretty good, even without a refresh, so it's surprising the truck looks like that. It's taken so long to get it out, that I don't think he should bother at this point.
Date: January 30, 2023 04:33PM
gabester
How I wish Americans hadn't broken for SUVs and minivans at the expense of solid wagons...

Agreed, it makes no sense. On the bright side, I see a lot of college kids picking up used sport wagons (BMW, Mercedes, VW).
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: January 30, 2023 04:45PM
kj
I don't think the Aptera is ugly, but it doesn't look like a car.

It doesn't look like a traditional car, but that is a necessary feature for it to be aerodynamic and have the extraordinarily low drag coefficient it achieves. Its battery has a significantly smaller capacity than other BEVs yet its range is significantly better.

But technically it isn't a car. It's a 3-wheeled motorcycle aka autocycle.

If we want to have very efficient vehicles and drive them faster than 35 miles per hour when air flow increasingly becomes a factor, we'll need to drive things that look less like a brick and more like a fish.

The Aptera more resembles a Formula 1 car and an aerospace vehicle probably because its engineers have these backgrounds.
Date: January 30, 2023 08:18PM
If that looked like a Formula 1 car, I'd be the first in line. The Aptera is extremely odd looking relative to the SUVs and Trucks everyone is driving, which makes me wonder whether many will be bold enough to drive one. I'd be a lot more likely to drive a Sion. It's pretty ugly, but unlikely to attract much attention.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 31, 2023 08:08AM
That needs some bro dozer wheels.

Hurts like a bastid...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020