The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Dilbert gets fired!
Posted by: jonny
Date: February 25, 2023 05:31PM
Hallelujah.

[www.huffpost.com]

Dilbert, last name unknown, was let go this week from several newspapers that had been printing his bland workplace observations on their comics pages, where the pasty office drone has spent his nearly 34-year career.
Publications under the USA Today and Advance Local umbrellas said they were dropping the strip in the wake of creator Scott Adams’ latest incendiary comments, made in a Wednesday livestream.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Dilbert gets fired!
Posted by: DP
Date: February 25, 2023 05:33PM
RollingEyesSmiley5

In memory of Dickie Betts.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

"Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."- Lavrentiy Beria
Posted by: gadje
Date: February 25, 2023 05:37PM
This is so funny. We had a Dilbert calendar for years. yesterday my wife was complaining about Scott Adams' comments and our Son said next year we should get a different calendar. Well, today I said screw this, and ordered a Garfield calendar for 2023 and I tossed the Dilbert.
Posted by: bfd
Date: February 25, 2023 05:40PM
Charles Shultz was a genius …

Scott Adams, not so much. Won't really be missed at all. The worst part is that he knows he's going to pay for this racist nonsense with his career and cares not a whit.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 25, 2023 06:08PM
Posted by: deckeda
Date: February 25, 2023 06:22PM
Dude’s been off the ranch for quite a while.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: February 25, 2023 06:31PM
I wonder if he's always been this angry and toxic, or if some life event pushed him to be the way he is now. It's hard to imagine anyone wanting to spend time in his vicinity.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: February 25, 2023 06:44PM
See a big career move for him to Faux “news”. He’s their kinda people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2023 06:45PM by DeusxMac.
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: February 25, 2023 07:16PM
ka jowct
I wonder if he's always been this angry and toxic, or if some life event pushed him to be the way he is now. It's hard to imagine anyone wanting to spend time in his vicinity.

It goes back decades.

As soon as he had an email list, he used it to spew vitriol. There's a reason why United Media doesn't have an online archive of his original email newsletters.

Way back when, I thought he was doing a dumb character. But then he got a blog and it became soooo much worse. (In between posts about his cat.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2023 07:28PM by Tiangou.
Posted by: chopper
Date: February 26, 2023 09:00AM
This isn't political.
Date: February 26, 2023 09:56AM
chopper
This isn't political.

Racial.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: February 26, 2023 12:42PM
Tiangou
ka jowct

It goes back decades.

As soon as he had an email list, he used it to spew vitriol. There's a reason why United Media doesn't have an online archive of his original email newsletters.

Way back when, I thought he was doing a dumb character. But then he got a blog and it became soooo much worse. (In between posts about his cat.)

That's why you hire somebody (or a firm) media-savvy enough to write your social media, blog, etc. posts.

As anybody in the biz should know, the only color that matters is...green.
Posted by: Numo
Date: February 26, 2023 01:26PM
Over the years I grew tired of Adam’s non-stop cynicism in Dilbert and read it less and less often. The strip is a one-trick pony. It does seem like he’s got some stuff going on inside his mind that he needs to explore.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: February 26, 2023 04:25PM
Fulbert.
==
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: February 26, 2023 06:59PM
Numo
Over the years I grew tired of Adam’s non-stop cynicism in Dilbert and read it less and less often. The strip is a one-trick pony. It does seem like he’s got some stuff going on inside his mind that he needs to explore.

True, but it resonated very well with those in corporate culture.

Especially engineers.

Fortunately, I have never had non-technical supervisors or managers.

It was quite disappointing to discover that Scott really thought the PHB was the comic's hero.
Date: February 26, 2023 09:43PM
“ Elon Musk accuses media of racism after newspapers drop 'Dilbert' cartoon”
[www.msn.com]

Birds of a feather.
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: February 26, 2023 09:50PM
jonny
“ Elon Musk accuses media of racism after newspapers drop 'Dilbert' cartoon”...

I have the utmost sympathy possible for those marginalized white nationalist billionaire white people who lose an insignificant amount of privilege when held to any sort of account for their words and actions and throw tantrums like spoiled infants. We should pay more attention to them and throw money to them.

Date: February 27, 2023 11:22AM
Posted by: Acer
Date: February 27, 2023 03:26PM
About the time Adams started showing his true colors, I replaced Dilbert with Pearls Before Swine for my daily "observational humor" comic.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: February 27, 2023 08:11PM
His syndicator dropped him today which effectively ends the distribution of the strip. The publisher of his books has also canceled a forthcoming book of his strips.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 27, 2023 08:27PM
Adams is doubling down in his Twitter feed.
Has anyone disagreed with the opinion that got me canceled? I only get this kind of response when I ask. No disagreement yet.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: February 28, 2023 05:05PM
RgrF
Adams is doubling down in his Twitter feed.
Has anyone disagreed with the opinion that got me canceled? I only get this kind of response when I ask. No disagreement yet.

IOW, he blocks anyone who disagrees with him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 145
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020