advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Knicks/Heat - Lakers/Warriors
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 10, 2023 07:24PM
I'm hoping the Knicks can stay alive. But one Jimmy Buckets is worth 3 or 4 Knicks.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Knicks/Heat - Lakers/Warriors
Date: May 10, 2023 08:36PM
The Knicks dribbling is a hazard. Instant turnover. Fighting for their lives.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 10, 2023 08:43PM
That the Knicks should be on the same floor as the Heat is itself an indictment of the NBA playoff seeding system.
Date: May 10, 2023 08:45PM
RgrF
That the Knicks should be on the same floor as the Heat is itself an indictment of the NBA playoff seeding system.

Yeah, they gotta do something about this whole play-in thing.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: May 10, 2023 08:53PM
So who do you guys think will make it into the finals?
Date: May 10, 2023 08:56PM
Carnos Jax
So who do you guys think will make it into the finals?

Ask me tomorrow!
Date: May 10, 2023 09:02PM
For NBA marketability purposes it would be the Celtics and Lakers; sortta like MLB would kill to arrange a Sox/Yankees a WS (they cant)
Date: May 10, 2023 09:03PM
Knicks survive to spend another night in Florida.
Date: May 10, 2023 09:08PM
RgrF
Knicks survive to spend another night in Florida.

Can't believe the Heat fumbled it.
Date: May 10, 2023 09:35PM
It's been a long time since I've seen the Lakers have this level of personnel. Not a dud in the bunch.
Date: May 10, 2023 10:22PM
The Warriors are at war.
Date: May 10, 2023 11:10PM
Groan!!!
Date: May 10, 2023 11:10PM
Dear Lord, smite the Warriors.
Date: May 10, 2023 11:21PM
Grr
Date: May 11, 2023 03:01AM
Posted by: Cary
Date: May 11, 2023 09:35AM
vision63
RgrF

I don't understand your point. The Knicks were not in the play-in tournament. The Heat and Lakers were.

Are you saying the Heat and Lakers (play-in tournament teams) don't belong?

Or that the Knicks shouldn't be the 5th seed? Even though they had the 5th best record in the East?

What about Milwaukee (number 1) and Cleveland (number 4) were beaten in the first round, each in 5 games, by the Heat and Knicks? Should they have not been in the playoffs?

Or maybe they should put teams into the playoffs based on how someone perceives they will perform?

As a looonnngggg suffering Knicks fan (I watched Willis limp onto the court in 1970, and Clyde dismantle the Lakers...), I am proud of my team's tenacity. Without one true superstar, and a lot of injuries, they are 2 games away from the conference finals.

If anyone had guaranteed me this before the season, I would have signed up in an instant.

Having said all that, the Knick's ball protection has been atrocious. The Heat defense has been stifling.

Kyle Lowry should have 100 fouls that haven't been called. The Heat have been shooting the lights out, in complete contrast to their shooting percentages all season.

All in all, a typical Knicks-Heat playoff series...
Date: May 11, 2023 12:14PM
Cary
vision63
RgrF

I don't understand your point. The Knicks were not in the play-in tournament. The Heat and Lakers were.

Are you saying the Heat and Lakers (play-in tournament teams) don't belong?

Or that the Knicks shouldn't be the 5th seed? Even though they had the 5th best record in the East?

What about Milwaukee (number 1) and Cleveland (number 4) were beaten in the first round, each in 5 games, by the Heat and Knicks? Should they have not been in the playoffs?

Or maybe they should put teams into the playoffs based on how someone perceives they will perform?

As a looonnngggg suffering Knicks fan (I watched Willis limp onto the court in 1970, and Clyde dismantle the Lakers...), I am proud of my team's tenacity. Without one true superstar, and a lot of injuries, they are 2 games away from the conference finals.

If anyone had guaranteed me this before the season, I would have signed up in an instant.

Having said all that, the Knick's ball protection has been atrocious. The Heat defense has been stifling.

Kyle Lowry should have 100 fouls that haven't been called. The Heat have been shooting the lights out, in complete contrast to their shooting percentages all season.

All in all, a typical Knicks-Heat playoff series...

They're not done with tinkering with how this is done. They're considering implementing an in-season play in tournament in addition to the one at the end of the season.

The only point of the play-in is to reduce "load management" and incentivize player participation. They recognize the season is long.

The play-in kinda destroys division rivalries because it's not about being number one. It's about just making the tournament.
Posted by: timg
Date: May 11, 2023 02:09PM
vision63
It's about just making the tournament.

This year is proving that very convincingly.

Warriors have been horrendous most of the season, just struggling to stay above .500 and the Lakers completely remade their team at the trade deadline.

Oddly enough, the Suns did the opposite and basically destroyed their team to get KD.

Now it's not a team, it's the "Kevin and Devon Show".

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: Cary
Date: May 11, 2023 02:20PM
I understand the NBA is tinkering with the formula, and am not a fan of load management.

I was more responding to the "Knicks on the same floor as the Heat is an indictment of the seeding" statement by RgrF. Should the Bucks not have been on the floor when the Heat beat them 4-1?

All 4 remaining series are 3-2. No blowouts. No sweeps.

I realize the Knicks have sucked for a very long time, and they are not the most talented team in the NBA, but they play hard every night. They have not load managed anyone, and everyone in the rotation is under 29 years old.

This is the first time in a long time that I feel like they have a path to becoming a contender.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 125
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020