advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone else notice faster shipping times from Amazon?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 10, 2023 12:01PM
Perhaps its just a streak of odd luck, but I've recently ordered a number of items from Amazon which have arrived next day. For the past few years its felt like Amazon has given up on competing on speed, items often arriving in 4 days or so.

Perhaps their warehouse throughput exceeds demand at the moment.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone else notice faster shipping times from Amazon?
Posted by: d4
Date: June 10, 2023 12:54PM
Aside from the period of time during the peak of the pandemic, shipping times have been about the same for me in NY.

85% on time as expected.
10% earlier than expected.
5% later than expected.

I am an Amazon Vine Reviewer. I get about 10-12 Amazon shipments on any given week.

Posted by: iaJim
Date: June 10, 2023 04:10PM
I have noticed some things now come quickly if they are in a new warehouse that was built an hour and a half away from us.
Posted by: gadje
Date: June 10, 2023 04:47PM
d4
Aside from the period of time during the peak of the pandemic, shipping times have been about the same for me in NY.

85% on time as expected.
5% later than expected.

I am an Amazon Vine Reviewer. I get about 10-12 Amazon shipments on any given week.

How does that work? Do you get those things for free? Do you get to choose what you get?

I got a badminton set today and the quality is several notches below anything else I got on Amazon.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: June 10, 2023 04:47PM
My last order was faster than the two or three before it.
Posted by: d4
Date: June 10, 2023 05:25PM
gadje
d4

85% on time as expected.
5% later than expected.

How does that work? Do you get those things for free? Do you get to choose what you get?

I got a badminton set today and the quality is several notches below anything else I got on Amazon.

Yes. You choose what items to receive from a "pool" of about 30k random items. It's updated daily. The items are free aside from taxes. About 8 cents on the dollar for NY. With free shipping. The seller has no contact with the reviewer whatsoever. I'm treated like any other Amazon customer. I just get a confidential 100% discount on the invoice. There's A TON of poor quality items on Amazon. I do what I can to weed them out with thoughtful honest reviews.

Back on topic....
Although, I am an Amazon Vine Reviewer, there is no distinction between me and a regular customer when it comes to fulfillment at the warehouse. So I'm pretty sure my assessment of shipping times is valid and accurate.

Posted by: graylocks
Date: June 10, 2023 06:06PM
I’ve noticed that more orders than usual are coming USPS. They even have Sunday delivery.

If you want to fix our country, work with us in the states. statesproject.org

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Fritz
Date: June 10, 2023 06:49PM
ordered a phone batt yesterday at 9:50p EST.
arrived today in bumf'k Fla at 3:45p.
That is way faster than it's been, but I think AMZN has a new warehouse in the area.

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: June 10, 2023 09:26PM
I could never be a Vine Reviewer... I have way to much junk stuff already!

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe

"If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion, or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. If there are any circumstances which permit an exception, they do not now occur to us." Justice Robert Jackson
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 10, 2023 10:44PM
My orders that are shipped by AMZ to their lockup are almost always from next day and three days, so I can't say that it's any faster.

The last two orders, received with in the last ten days, were next day, middle of the week.

Third party AMZ orders are shipped by either USPS or UPS and go to my POB (PBSA for the latter) and that can very greatly, especially depending on the time a label is created and the time the seller actually hands the package over to either shipper.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 11, 2023 07:20AM
I dropped Prime due to the cost. Now it takes a good week to get anything from Amazon, even common things that they likely have in the local distribution center. And they constantly badger me to restart Prime.

Their prices used to always be the lowest. Not so any more.

They have the widest selection, and the reviews (if viewed appropriately) are useful. But I’m buying less from them.

I wouldn’t quite say they have jumped the shark, but to me they are less impressive than they used to be.
Posted by: Michael
Date: June 11, 2023 04:20PM
pdq
I dropped Prime due to the cost. Now it takes a good week to get anything from Amazon, even common things that they likely have in the local distribution center. And they constantly badger me to restart Prime.

We recently discovered a Chinese site called Temu. They're significantly cheaper than Amazon but it takes a couple of weeks for things to show up. I bought a set of 5" cabinet legs for $11 on Temu; the exact same thing was $16 on Amazon. I wasn't in a hurry so the extra 10 days for delivery was fine for me. Temu does some drop the price games and discounts that are a bit irritating but it does make it cheaper. We've bought several other things, as well, for substantially less than Amazon. We pay with Paypal so it feels perfectly secure.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 11, 2023 05:34PM
.....Fast......and Furious.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 12, 2023 08:34AM
Michael
pdq

We recently discovered a Chinese site called Temu. They're significantly cheaper than Amazon but it takes a couple of weeks for things to show up. I bought a set of 5" cabinet legs for $11 on Temu; the exact same thing was $16 on Amazon. I wasn't in a hurry so the extra 10 days for delivery was fine for me. Temu does some drop the price games and discounts that are a bit irritating but it does make it cheaper. We've bought several other things, as well, for substantially less than Amazon. We pay with Paypal so it feels perfectly secure.

Yeah, I’ve made a couple orders from Temu- mostly cheap stuff in case it doesn’t work, or work out. Actually, I got a couple of radar-based motion-sensing bulbs that didn’t work, or work right for me, so I tried to return them, and they said Don’t bother, here’s your money back.

It’s all cheap inexpensive Chinese stuff, but since a lot of the stuff we buy comes from China anyway, why not cut out the middleman?

The only downside so far is that now Google (or whover) serves up lots of ads from Temu for me, and many of them are weird things that look like sex toys…and I can assure you, I’ve never shopped for anything like that from anywhere.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 248
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020