advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
In a stunning update to my passport photo thread, my replacement passport has arrived
Posted by: clay
Date: June 14, 2023 11:36AM
[forums.macresource.com]

Passport agency listed my application as received 25 April (put in mail 13 April). Received my passport back today 14 June. Did not pay for expedited service, but I did mention 15 June as the departure date for an international trip (plans have since changed to a later summer trip instead, due to passports not being expected back in time). 62 days, door-to-door. Under 9 weeks. Not too shabby given the 10-13 week estimate.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: In a stunning update to my passport photo thread, my replacement passport has arrived
Posted by: gabester
Date: June 14, 2023 01:40PM
This might have to be moved to the other side, because some people might feel compelled to state obvious things like, "Good people in the Federal Government do work to protect and provide for the well being of US citizens' needs."

No doubt they are triaging and prioritizing passports based on stated travel plans. That's what any well operated entity would/should do!

g=
Re: In a stunning update to my passport photo thread, my replacement passport has arrived
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 14, 2023 01:51PM
….so……2 tickets to paradise…..?????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 14, 2023 02:28PM
gabester
This might have to be moved to the other side, because some people might feel compelled to state obvious things like, "Good people in the Federal Government do work to protect and provide for the well being of US citizens' needs."

No doubt they are triaging and prioritizing passports based on stated travel plans. That's what any well operated entity would/should do!

I think the lead time estimates tend to be based on worst-case scenarios anyways. I've heard of a number of instances where turnaround has been much shorter than the stated lead time.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: June 14, 2023 03:56PM
We weren't as smart as you this time...... as we sent in Mrs. Buzz's passport renewal just a few days before you sent in yours; but w/ her real, mid-September travel plans. Nothing has showed up yet. This was her first renewal on her own, as before she retired during Covid, she had been a flight attendant for 43+ years, and her airline handled all her renewals.... w/ super-expedited speed, as no international flights while passports are being processed. Used to be about a week to ten days, tops. Based on your results, hers oughta show up between Labor Day and California Admission Day this time.....

Congrats on your success.
cool smiley
==
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 14, 2023 05:59PM
They have come through for me twice. And remember, it's almost always our fault for waiting!

Hurts like a bastid...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 152
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020