advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Former USAF F-15 pilot explains why a gun-only Eagle would win an aerial engagement against a fully armed Su-27 Flanker
Posted by: freeradical
Date: June 18, 2023 04:20PM
The short answer is that there is a button called "EMER JETT".

Pushing this button causes everything to be released from the aircraft. Even missile rails.

Now the F-15 is flying totally clean, and nothing has the energy maneuverability of an Eagle flying clean...

[theaviationgeekclub.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Former USAF F-15 pilot explains why a gun-only Eagle would win an aerial engagement against a fully armed Su-27 Flanker
Posted by: gadje
Date: June 18, 2023 04:31PM
That article links to [website banned?] (a web site I usually come across but I do not regularly use).

So why not read directly what has to say on [website banned?]? why do websites try to crate content by using other web sites and provide us second hand information?
Re: Former USAF F-15 pilot explains why a gun-only Eagle would win an aerial engagement against a fully armed Su-27 Flanker
Date: June 18, 2023 04:31PM
Hmm, interesting that the name of that website is banned
Date: June 18, 2023 04:35PM
Also a lot of theoretical scenarios here, but did we ever have an US piloted F-15 (or 16, or whatever) fight directly with a Russian jet? I mean real fight? no. I wonder how accurate these theoretical scenarios really are.
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: June 18, 2023 06:54PM
The Eagle is one of the greatest fighters of all time, but I would not like the odds of a solo engagement in visual range if the other guy had a couple of functional AA-11’s and I only had the gun.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 18, 2023 10:51PM
why do websites try to crate content by using other web sites and provide us second hand information?

To have content, is my guess.

avgeeks has a much nicer presentation than [word banned].

avgeeks also sells stuff.

I didn't see any mention of [word banned] as a source, so maybe the author provided the content to both sites.

[word banned] comes up often in searches but seldom provides information I'm looking for.

And I don't like it's format at all.

I also looked up the word banned and didn't see any definition that would explain the alert.

It's a curiosity, but otherwise doesn't bother me.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2023 10:51PM by RAMd®d.
Date: June 19, 2023 07:47AM
I didn't see any mention of [word banned] as a source, so maybe the author provided the content to both sites.

" Marcus Cade, former F-15 Eagle pilot with the US Air Force (USAF), explains on [word banned]."
Posted by: flareslow
Date: June 19, 2023 08:10AM
The book Boyd: The Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War, includes some of the history of the development of the F-15 and F-16. (and how they could have been better fighter aircraft). "40-second Boyd" was an interesting person who probably deserved more recognition than he received.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 157
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020