advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
credit card payment question
Posted by: wurm
Date: July 13, 2023 07:43AM
I took a former co-worker/client to lunch yesterday and was just entering info from the receipt into my expenses, and went online to check the statement to see if showed up yet. It did, but the amount that showed up was the actual meal amount excluding the tip. I had added the tip to the bill, confirmed the new total, signed it, and we left.

I've never seen that happen in the past. The full total usually shows up on the CC statement. Could it be that they'll enter them as separate transactions or should I contact the place and ask? I don't mind giving it another day or so to show up, but I don't want the waitress to get stiffed, as she was very nice.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: credit card payment question
Posted by: Robert M
Date: July 13, 2023 07:49AM
Wurm,

It sounds like you saw the initial pending charge on the web site, not the charge on an actual statement. They aren't the same thing. It may take a day or two for the charge to finalize and post on your account. I'd wait another day or two and let the charge finalize before contacting the restaurant about the tip.

Robert
Posted by: gadje
Date: July 13, 2023 08:15AM
perfectly normal. It will be updated to reflect the actual charges (meal + tip) in 1-2 business days.
Posted by: MindMeld
Date: July 13, 2023 08:23AM
Often happens to me. It's always the right amount when it finally posts to my account
Posted by: dk62
Date: July 13, 2023 09:21AM
Uber sometimes (not often) posts tips separately from the main payment. But it is an exception - as everyone said, the right amount will hit in a day or two.
Posted by: wurm
Date: July 13, 2023 12:50PM
Thank you all. I don't usually check right away, but I couldn't read my own writing on my receipt and wanted to be sure. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 184
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020